ColorFix - thank you!

LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Thanks not only to ColorFix, but a big thanks to Brio and the others who recommended and tried it.

I just posted on another thread on this board about my hair being way too dark after deciding to go back to my natural color for awhile after having it highlighted. It looked horrid and I literally wanted to throw a bag on my head :lol: .

After reading through here and seeing ColorFix recommended, I went right after work and got some. I now have a more natural color back and the black is gone! I bought the color I should have gotten just in case I need it in a day or two. But for now, I am one happy camper.

Thanks again, ladies, for the ColorFix suggestions!
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm glad it worked for you. :) It's a lifesaver.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It really is a lifesaver! I ended up putting some of the lotio (peroxide stuff) in and it darkened my hair back up a bit. Hubby says it looks fine, but I still think it's a bit dark. I've still got what I didn't use of the first two bottles, so I think this weekend I'll use them with the shampoo and lighten it up a little.

What sucks is that my hair isn't responding to any products - gel, mousse, creams .. nothing. When it's dry it turns into nothing but surface frizz with some okay curls underneath. Be glad when my hair returns :lol: !
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Yeah, we never tried the peroxide part on sis's hair. I read that it could darken afterwards (weird). That's probably what dried out your hair too. :( Treat yourself to a nice DT with heat, then try again with just the first 2 and shampoo, then follow with another DT. :)
    The dryness actually came after I put the color (Revlon) on. ColorFix actually helped it, but like you said, the peroxide probably just brought it back.

I'll do what you suggested with the heated DT before and after ColorFix'ing again.

Thank, CurliLocks!
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    Glad it worked out for you!

I've been really surprised at how well this stuff works without totally trashing my hair. And believe me, I've tortured my hair with color and colorfix!

Hope the frizzes are soon at bay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Just reporting back in :).

At the last minute, I opted to just use the two bottles (no shampoo added) and strip out the color. Boy, I was such a nice shade of strawberry blonde when I was done :shock: :lol: ! What's really odd, too, is that I blew it dry with no diffuser (sock or bowl) and alternated between hi and lo just to get it dry so that I could recolor it. I loved how my hair looked when it was dry! I had nice waves, volume, etc. Do you think I've been able to replicate it again. Oh, but nooooooo :roll: .

Anyway, I put Revlon ColorSilk Light Brown on, which still made my hair dark, but it now looks like my own natural color! I'm a happy camper!

Thanks again, ladies!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Strawberry blonde?! I guess that's why they say to mix with shampoo. But I'm glad it worked out well and the new color is great. :) Yay!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file