CurlTalk

Mixing products?

DitdahDitdah Posts: 151Registered Users
This morning I was in a real hurry, so I didn't do my normal routine of layering products. After CO washing and then conditioning, I just mixed equal size globs of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], conditioner, and Alagio curl cream in my hand. I mixed it all up in my palms and then raked and scrunched. Then I diffused (which I have to in order to go to work,) but quickly - not carefully using the Pixiecurl method as I usually do.

My hair looks a little frizzy, which I know is from tossing it all over the place when I was drying, but I still have good curl formation and body. Other than the frizz, it looks pretty much like it normally does, which makes me happy.

So, my question - would this work for every day? Or did I just get lucky? I was thinking I could mix up equal amounts of these in a small bottle (just a few days worth) and leave it in the shower, then use it as an "all-in-one" product. Is there a reason I shouldn't do this?
2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
PW: hair

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I have some gels that I have mixed in a smaller bottle because I got sick of layering them in. I would try it a couple more days and see if it was a fluke but even if you dont you have not wasted a ton of product if you do a couple of days worth.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 291Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hey,

I mix my products too and it works perfectly fine for me.

I used to mix some regular condtioner with my styling gel and scrunch that in my hair.
    Now I mix about half a dime size of castor oil with my gel and pu that on my hair.My hair loves it.

• heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    I usually will mix things into my leave in, like CK, recoil, honey, or molasses. I have tried to mix in some gel before and got little white balls. So as long as you don't get that, you should be fine.
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    I've been having great success mixing also. I mix something creamy (leave in or boots) with my 2 gels (set me up and biolage gelee) all together in my hand and distribute. No problems, better curls.........so far.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI