New Meow Order!

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I got my order on Saturday (but didnt check the mailbox until today). I have to say I love how they package their stuff - very cool. They also sent me a couple of free samples. I am also surprised at how large the munchkins are! Off to check them out.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How exciting! I am waiting on my full size to come in. Hopefully sometime this week.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well, I love how it goes on but I ordered too light a foundation...live and learn. I will order another one but hang on to the ones I just got - they might work better in the winter when I am more pale :D
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    That's too bad. I had to experiment with a bunch of samples (actually ordered samples twice) before I settled on a shade and a type. I actually needed a little darker shade than I thought. I picked the Frisky Chausie in Pampered Puss. That one seemed to wear the best and the color is dead on without looking overly white. I can't wait for it to arrive.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    xcptnl wrote:
    Well, I love how it goes on but I ordered too light a foundation...live and learn. I will order another one but hang on to the ones I just got - they might work better in the winter when I am more pale :D

I hope you ordered samples and not a full-size.
    xcptnl wrote:

No I didnt - live and learn. I really thought I had the right shade. I need one of those slaps like they do on the V8 ads. :oops:
    Central Massachusetts

• MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote:
    xcptnl wrote:

No I didnt - live and learn. I really thought I had the right shade. I need one of those slaps like they do on the V8 ads. :oops:

Girl!! :? Maybe you can sell it to someone???

I ordered their primer and I LOVE it! I can totally tell the difference when I use it and when I don't.
    I love how it feels and I am hesitant to part with it because I am quite fair in the winter. I can spend $ foolishly like no ones business :?
    Central Massachusetts

• CelticCurlsCelticCurls Posts: 558Registered Users
    I got samples in 6 different shades -- & good thing too, because they run lighter than I expected, about 1/2 shade lighter than BE. But wow do they have an amazing array of tones & shades. I've always been told my skin was pale olive, but liked how I looked in BE LIght 2.0 -- just maybe a little too yellow. Their site said most gals who've been told they're olive really do better with a peach tone. And they're right! I've loving Frisky Persian and I really expected to do better with Chartreux or the new Manx, but both look a little pale & chalky on me. The Occicat (olive) did instead match my skin, but made me look too pale; the peach toned Persian makes me look healthy. Just one caveat: I wish they'd come out with a pressed version! I fell in love with the sample sized Jane Iredale Pressed Base in Warm Sienna I got on eBay -- but I much prefer Meow's colors & small company feel.
    3B, bra-strap length
    laidback, very-modified CGer
    HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    xcptnl wrote:
    I love how it feels and I am hesitant to part with it because I am quite fair in the winter.

definitely keep it, but consider getting samples to mark your "darker" times. i go from MAC NC 15 in winter to NC 20 in summer.

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    I was smarter this time and ordered samples. I may not be so bright but I do learn :?
    Central Massachusetts

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    OK, you guys got me. I placed a sample order... over $20 in samples. :? I hope it comes soon!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    I think mine will be in today - maybe. I hope one of the samples is my color!!
    Central Massachusetts

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    What colors did everyone order?

I think I'm a frisky sphynx, though the foundation colors are very forgiving, and I think I could wear numerous shades. The concealer colors are not as forgiving, though! I can wear the frisky bengal foundation just fine, but the coordinating concealer stands out like white chalk on my face.

Anyone tried the under eye concealer? How does that differ from the regular concealer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    I ordered samples of Siamese, Sphynx, Himalayan, and Mau in Sleek (1) and Frisky (2). I also ordered a bunch of blush and eyeshadow samples. Any day they want to get here would be great... :?

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    I have a few dark spots on my face that I dont even bother to cover with their concealer. The flawless feline foundation seems to cover it just fine.

Are you using the flawless or the original foundation, Brio?
    I got my new samples but have not had the time to check them out very carefully but I did try the concealer and it does seem very light! I may just have to skip that but I do have some annoying spots I would like to have not be so prominent! I may try the undereye concealer on those and see what happens.
    Central Massachusetts

Meghuney wrote:
    I have a few dark spots on my face that I dont even bother to cover with their concealer. The flawless feline foundation seems to cover it just fine.

Are you using the flawless or the original foundation, Brio?

I got samples of mostly the original one. I did get a sample of the medium coverage one and the heavy coverage one, as well, just to experiment with the different consistencies. I can't really tell all that much difference between the formulas to be honest. The heavy coverage seems to be easier to overdo on, though. I don't really see that much extra coverage with it, but I can certainly tell when I overdo it. You have to be more careful with applying it so it doesn't look cakey.

I think I would probably stick with the original formula, especially if they keep the purchase price lower than the other formulas. The medium coverage one might also be a possibility.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    xcptnl wrote:
    I got my new samples but have not had the time to check them out very carefully but I did try the concealer and it does seem very light! I may just have to skip that but I do have some annoying spots I would like to have not be so prominent! I may try the undereye concealer on those and see what happens.

You can try concealing with the foundation itself. Just get a concealer brush. I do that sometimes. I think that also is a good way to see which color matches your skin the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

Good idea Brio - I will try that!
    Central Massachusetts

• Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It does work well to conceal w/the foundation. The medium one is what I use, and I love it. Just curious-those who say the concealer is too light, did you take their advice and get the darker shade in the concealer? I find that it works wonderfully, but if the website didn't recommend it, I probably wouldn't have gotten the next darker shade concealer sample, and would most definitely be having the same problem when I use it...
    I dont think I did. Boy am I having issues ordering this stuff! Yikes!

Someday I will get it all right and look Beeyoooteeful!
    Central Massachusetts

Interesting. I have not had an issue where I overdo the heavy coverage. Actually, I use less than I would with anything else, really. I go over my face once, stop for a second and look, then go again. I love the finished look though. I've never had a foundation look so good!!!
    The trick for me is that I put the foundation on, leave it alone while I do my hair and then go back and touch up any spots that need a little more coverage after it has settled. That way I don't put too much on the first go round. I use Pampered Puss (the middle level). I tried the Flawless Feline but I didn't see alot of difference in the coverage and it made me a little shinier after all day wear. When I ordered my full size I did get a sample of the Purr-fect Puss to see if I can use that one (especially since it's cheaper).

I did get a couple samples of the concealer but have been having better luck with my regular cream concealer (Covergirl).
    Yaay, I got my samples last night! The foundations do seem VERY forgiving. I spot-tried several of them last night, and they all seemed to blend in fine. I used Frisky Sphynx on my whole face this morning, and it looks like a match. I'll try the others this weekend to see if I can tell a difference.

I'm really liking the eyeshadows. I'm wearing Catablanca and Breakfast at Kitty's, and they work really well together. Yay!

I tried Firefly Radiance blush this AM, and it didn't seem to do a whole lot. I went pretty easy on it since it looks really pink in the bag. Maybe I need a little more.

Bailey422 wrote:
    Yaay, I got my samples last night! The foundations do seem VERY forgiving. I spot-tried several of them last night, and they all seemed to blend in fine. I used Frisky Sphynx on my whole face this morning, and it looks like a match. I'll try the others this weekend to see if I can tell a difference.

I'm really liking the eyeshadows. I'm wearing Catablanca and Breakfast at Kitty's, and they work really well together. Yay!

I tried Firefly Radiance blush this AM, and it didn't seem to do a whole lot. I went pretty easy on it since it looks really pink in the bag. Maybe I need a little more.

Good to hear you like the eye shadows. I'd like to try some of those. The only eyeshadow sample I got was a free sample and they sent me BLUE. I look like Mimi from the Drew Carey show with blue eye shadow on.

As I rant, my other free sample was bright spring green, sparkly eyeliner. Another thing I would not have chosen for myself either.

Anybody purchased any brushes from Meow? Didn't someone say they bought the dispenser brush?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file