Shakira's blowout for Live Earth

cmartin1cmartin1 Posts: 152Registered Users
She's probably worn it straight before and I just didn't see it. I have seen posts on this board before admiring her insistence on wearing it curly...another one bites the dust.

In contrast, Alicia Keys had an aura of casual elegance with her careless, cascading curls.

Comments

• alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    Alicia's curls are beautiful. ...

Shakira's straight 'do did not look that great, IMO. With such gorgeous curls, why does she want to go straight??

I also noticed Joss Stone straightened hers for Live Earth. It looked OK, but I think her curls are prettier.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I didn't like it at all-it didn't look like her!
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • e_kazmie_kazmi Posts: 4Registered Users
    Shakira's straightened her hair a few times before but for the most part she remains curly-haired. Ditto Mar, curly hair suits her far better.
    Eman/21/F
    Hair Type: Literally b/w 3a, 3b & 3c (depends on my hair's mood)
    Hair Care: Shikakai (great for prolonging your natural colour - my grandmother used it & NEVER went grey) & coconut oil, overnight, 'poo & leave-in conditioner.
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    Alicia Keys hair isnt natural though.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The first time I saw her hair was in her "Ojos Asi" video - the Spanish one a couple of years before the English version "Eyes Like Yours" came out.

Her hair was dark and straight in the video - maybe with some dark red?

I think that she wears it curly often enough that an occasional blowout is fine. She seems to like to mix it up with her styles, colors, etc.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • curlycaramelcurlycaramel Posts: 472Registered Users
    keikok wrote:

thats what I thought, didn't she also had added bits too? I don't remember her ever having that much hair, or that length either hope she doesn't follow in Beyonce's footsteps
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    keikok wrote:

thats what I thought, didn't she also had added bits too? I don't remember her ever having that much hair, or that length either hope she doesn't follow in Beyonce's footsteps

Yeah it was probably a weave or something, its sad too because I think she used to be natural.
    I think its weird how so many stylists praise beyonce's hair when most of it is a wig.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly
  • LittleLisaLittleLisa Posts: 16Registered Users
    I also noticed Joss Stone straightened hers for Live Earth. It looked OK, but I think her curls are prettier.

Yeah definetly, she has really beautiful hair, why straighten it? :(
    LiSA
    copper-red, 3a corkscrews
    addicted to Fructis Curl&Shine Mousse :D

link to photos on flickr on profile
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    LittleLisa wrote:

Yeah definetly, she has really beautiful hair, why straighten it? :(

I didnt like it when her hair was purple or something like that.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • JodenyseJodenyse Posts: 138Registered Users
    Sometimes people just want a change. Imagine wearing the same hair style all the time just because other people like it. If you straiten your hair somtimes it does not mean you are ashamed of your curls. But that is just my opinion :cherry:
    www.Freerice.com
    Play a game while feeding the hungry 20 grains at a time:nike:
    ``````````````````````````
    Can someone please tell me how to change my Username?!??
  • iaraiara Posts: 1,199Registered Users
    Shakira's hair is naturally very dark brown (or black) and is a very curly 3b (at least). What people usually see is her dyed, relaxed hair. I cannot understand the dismay people have when they see her straighten it.

About Alicia, many celebrities wear wigs and extensions to protect their hair from the daily styling that goes with photoshoots and the like. It does not mean they are hiding their hair (although some do). I have noticed that only certain celebrities get called out for it......
    You cannot invite someone to your house in the Hamptons and when she arrives, not let her stay. Tacky. Very Tacky. ~ East Village hipster.

People in Ward Three disdain three things: cleavage, hunting and dumb people who are richer than they are. ~ David Brooks

Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. ~Armaments 2:9-21
  • ChynnaBlueChynnaBlue Posts: 17Registered Users
    Jodenyse wrote:
    Sometimes people just want a change. Imagine wearing the same hair style all the time just because other people like it. If you straiten your hair somtimes it does not mean you are ashamed of your curls. But that is just my opinion :cherry:

I agree. I think putting someone in the "Hall of Shame" for choosing a different style sometimes is... well... shameful. Choice is a good thing. Shaming someone for choosing a straight style is, to me, every bit as bad as shaming someone for choosing to wear hair curly. Are you suggesting that just because any of us have waves and curls we should be limited to only wearing our hair that way? That's ridiculous. Would you call someone with straight hair shameful because she used a curling iron? Freedom of choice beats oppression and restrictions every time.

She's not advertising straight irons or telling girls with curls and waves to get their hair straightened. She's often out there with wild waves for all to see. Cut the lady some slack.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file