CurlTalk

How do you plop at night?

Okay, when I try plopping at night it just doesn't work out for me. I use a t-shirt and use a hairtie to tie it in a ball at the nape of my neck. But then at night I can't sleep comfortably because of the way I tie it. And the t-shirt tends to slip off my head because I toss and turn a lot.

So, any tips on nightly plopping? How do you tie your t-shirt comfortably and how do you keep your t-shirt on your head? I'd love to take showers at night so I could sleep in in the morning (especially during school days).
3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa119%2FCrazyCurlyQ%2F" class="Popup

Password: curlomania
(albums are on the lefthand side)

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I don't know if this helps, but, on the time I've tried it, I use a long sleeve T-shirt and just tie the sleeves at the base of my neck. It stays put for the most part.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • CarolinaCurlCarolinaCurl Posts: 12Registered Users
    I have found a way I love! I use a Scunci microfiber turban, lay it out, plop, and wrap it up. I bought mine at my local grocery store (Harris Teeter) for $10, but I think they have them at Walgreens, too. There's an elastic loop at one end of the turban (the twisting end) that loops around a button at the nape of the neck to keep it from falling loose. It's small, soft, and VERY comfortable to sleep on. The best thing of all is that I wake up with dry (or very nearly dry), frizz-free curls. My hair can take HOURS to air dry, and I just don't have that kind of time in the morning. I'm very new to the CG routine, so I'm still very much in the learning stage with this, but a little lavender spray and aloe gel helps me bring the curls down a bit and fight frizz.

Good luck!

242403.jpg
    Loving the beautiful world of CG! I think I have 2C/3A hair which is desperately aspiring to be a springy 3A. Maybe I'll get there some day!
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    Could you possibly try plopping with twisting the ends fowards and tieing the scrunchie at the forehead? I love experimenting :P