Another Chicago Gathering

sunnygirlsunnygirl Posts: 9Registered Users
Hi. I am new to this site and I saw that some of you curlies got together for lunch/dinner back in December 2002. Would any of you be willing to do this again? I would love to meet some other curly heads. I have only lived in Chicago for 3years, so it would be nice to extend my acquaintance list. December 11th & 18th are the dates I would like to throw out there. I go to see my parents after that (from Colorado). I am game for any place that ends up being somewhere the majority of you want to go.

Sunnygirl :D
Sunny is 3c/4a.

Currently using Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner with honey, RR mixed with CC, pure shea butter or Elasta QP mango butter on ends of hair.

Comments

• katinabobynakatinabobyna Posts: 6Registered Users
    I was just telling my boyfriend that I have so enjoyed chatting with some of you on this site that I would LOVE meeting in person. Of course the dates suggested have now pasted, but if anyone is ever interested in getting tgoether in Chicago...count me in!
    Love is like hot chocolate; at first it takes you by surprise but it keeps you warm for a long time.
  • L'n-zL'n-z Posts: 208Registered Users
    I would get together.
    8)
  • curlysue2curlysue2 Posts: 18Registered Users
    I'm in. A cafe or eatery in Hyde Park anyone? Seems like a neutral location.
    PASSWORD: peace
  • sunnygirlsunnygirl Posts: 9Registered Users
    Great! I am really happy to hear from some people. A cafe or restaurant in Hyde Park sounds great (Mellow Yellow :wink: ?). Doesn't have to be there but I guess we can figure out a date now, or if someone would like to meet somewhere else. I think CurlySue2 is right Hyde Park is pretty neutral. I want to try for a date at the end of February. Let me know what you all think. :D
    Sunny is 3c/4a.

Currently using Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner with honey, RR mixed with CC, pure shea butter or Elasta QP mango butter on ends of hair.
    sunnygirl wrote:
    Great! I am really happy to hear from some people. A cafe or restaurant in Hyde Park sounds great (Mellow Yellow :wink: ?). Doesn't have to be there but I guess we can figure out a date now, or if someone would like to meet somewhere else. I think CurlySue2 is right Hyde Park is pretty neutral. I want to try for a date at the end of February. Let me know what you all think. :D

That's hilarious because Mellow Yellow was exactly what I had in mind. Dates and times are next along with how we'll recognize one another.
    Okay. I've never been but I love going to new places in the city. Mellow Yellow on February 19th or 26th? I'm the one with hair that apparently looks like Sideshow Bob, as a coworker recently told me. :lol:
    8)
  • sunnygirlsunnygirl Posts: 9Registered Users
    Sound greats. Either date is good for me, but if I had a choice I want to get together on the 26th during the afternoon, say like 2pm. I have a medium curly fro, was a TWA but it has grown a lot so I don't think I can call it that anymore. I'm looking forward to meeting.
    Sunny is 3c/4a.

Let's go for the 26th at 4:00pm at Mellow Yellow. Can you all give me an email address to send an official Evite?

I hope some more Chicago curlies respond 'cause I could use some tips and conversations with some curly veterans.

Curlysue
  • Big&BouncyBig&Bouncy Posts: 104Registered Users
    I have been on NC.com for a few months and never noticed this area of the site :shock: . I would love to meet you guys, please count me in. My email address is [email protected]

event.png

Password: curls
    I have been on NC.com for a few months and never noticed this area of the site :shock: . I would love to meet you guys, please count me in. My email address is [email protected]

Great that we're finding eachother. By all means, come on out. It appears that everyone is in agreement with the date and time so it's safe to say the 'we're on'.
    scratch
    8)
    Looks like it's on for Saturday. It's everybody'sgathering...I'm just sendin' out reminders so whoever wants to join in the fun feel free.
    I'm so sorry I missed you all. I hope you had a blast though and if you plan another keep me in the loop.

I'm actually wondering if any of you can help me out with finding a stylist in Chicago. I have had NO luck finding someone that can cut my hair. I heard a long time ago on this site about a woman in Evanston that does a good job, but I can't find the old post. Do any of you have suggestions?
    Love is like hot chocolate; at first it takes you by surprise but it keeps you warm for a long time.
    I'm so sorry I missed you all. I hope you had a blast though and if you plan another keep me in the loop.

I'm actually wondering if any of you can help me out with finding a stylist in Chicago. I have had NO luck finding someone that can cut my hair. I heard a long time ago on this site about a woman in Evanston that does a good job, but I can't find the old post. Do any of you have suggestions?

There are lots of stylists in Chicago. What's your hair type and what do you want to have done? Also, how much do ya wanna spend?
    As far as I can tell I am 3c/4a. I have nice well defined curls on top but underneath is a bit frizzy, dry, and...blah. I really just need someone to cut about an inch or so off for me right now and being a student....I can't spend TOO much. I have been to Yehia in Hyde Park and they did a good job, it is just hard for me to get out there now. I am thinking 20 bucks would be reasonable, that is what I paid there. If you can help that'd be great.
  • CurlsintheDCurlsintheD Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi,

I just moved to chicago 3 months ago from detroit. Are you Chi-curlies planning another gathering?

Could you recommend any 3/4c curl-friendly places I can go for a cut and color?

Thanks
    Naturally 3c some 4a/PJ
    hair album: http://public.fotki.com/CurlsintheD/ password:curls

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalm 139:14
  • celticazteccelticaztec Posts: 4Registered Users
    Anyone still around?

:D
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    I don't live in Chicago but I'm only an hour away...
  • CG ReneeCG Renee Posts: 13Registered Users
    I live just outside the city. Willing to travel to meet.

I would be interested in any stylists anyone has had luck with too.

Thanks
    -renee-
    3A in general/3B right around face
    No-Poo since 2/05
    Now trying to adjust to moving to SW (dry) climate!

Co-wash every other day with a Suave Conditioner. Add Tee Tree Oil 1/wk. Water rinse other days.
    ACV Rinse 1/wk.
    Condition 3-in1 mousse - looking for new products to use that are dry climate friendly!
    Using up last of HE gel and Jessicurl RR and CC occasionally.
    Jojoba Oil rubbed on scalp as needed.
    CG Renee wrote:
    I live just outside the city. Willing to travel to meet.

I would be interested in any stylists anyone has had luck with too.

Thanks
    Hello all,

I've been out of the loop for a few months due to schedule etc. I hope to meet with some of you again...I felt hurried last time and preoccupied with other stuff. So hopefully I can clear my schedule for another meetup. Suggestions anyone?

I haven't met anyone that can do anything to my hair that I can't do myself so I can't help with that one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file