Second ear piercing?

MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I see the look sometimes and I'm thinking of doing it for a change.

I only have one piercing in each ear. I think I look best in gold (I have red hair) hoop earrings (small to medium size, not huge) and I like them a lot. When shopping, I'm tempted by pretty, colorful stud earrings in the casual jewelry sections, and I have cute studs that are small gold spheres. I would either wear two studs or a hoop on the first hole and a stud on the second if I decided to go through with it. Also, I would pierce my ears with a home kit like I did with my first holes.

What does everyone think of this trend?

Thanks!! :)
2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.

Comments

• sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    I have to admit, I love it, and have loved it for a long time. But I'm biased because I have 4 holes in each ear. :D
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If it's a trend, it's been around an awful long time. I pierced second holes in my ears when I was in 7th grade...which would have been around 1975. Lots of people have multiple holes going all up the ear, but I've stuck with only 2 holes in each lobe. I only rarely wear earrings in the second holes anymore, but they are there in case I want to.
  • tschocktschock Posts: 101Registered Users
    I like the look. I have three holes in each ear and have considered more. I say go for it! It really gives you lots of options and an excuse to go shopping for more earrings! :D
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    I say if you like it go for it, I also have 3 holes on each side, two on the bottom and one on the top perfect for a cute little loop. I got mine done 10 years ago. :oops:
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Posts: 678Registered Users
    I have no tattoos but even I have 2 holes in one ear and 3 in the other. :lol:

I've always liked the look and have had mine pierced this way for over 20 years. I usually wear studs in the more upper holes and drops/hoops in the lowest hole.
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had second holes put in my ears a year after the first ones were done. They kept getting infected. So now I only use the first ones. The second ones are still visible but have closed up, so they're more of a scar now.

They can look good, but it depends on the person IMO.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    If it's a trend, it's been around an awful long time.

That's what I was thinking, lol. Double piercings aren't a big deal, if you want them go for it. I had a triple piercing in one ear for maybe 10 years (I did the top two myself, with a sewing needle, because my parents wouldn't let me get it done. :shock: :lol: ), but eventually I stopped wearing jewelry in them and they closed up. Now I just have one in each lobe... along with a few cartilege piercings :lol: ...
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, everyone! :D
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file