How to stick with it?

one way streetone way street Registered Users Posts: 772
I'm trying hard to stay in shape and eat right, but I can never stay with it. I want to reduce the amount of unhealthy sugars, saturated fats, and sodium from my diet, but not deprive myself from eating deserts and stuff like that. I'm also interested in joining my school's track team next year or maybe the year after that. However, I DON'T want to lose like 10 pounds or anything. I just want to be fit. I'm tiny for my age. I'm about 5'0-5'2 and I weigh about 97 lbs. I already have a workout plan, but I just don't know how to stay consistant.
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.

Comments

• SapphireWingstarSapphireWingstar Registered Users Posts: 381
    The only way I can stick to working out is to join a team, because then I HAVE to work out. The main reason I can't go running by myself is because I have no motivation - working out with people is easier and more fun. So yeah, join the track team. And you could also join the cross-country team in the fall.

My friend runs by herself a lot, and she motivates herself by letting herself have a Vitamin Water after and ONLY after she goes running. She says it works well for her.

Oh, and about the losing weight thing: I'm about the same size as you, I'm 5'2" and 100-106 pounds. I did cross-country and track, and I really didn't lose any weight. But again, it's different for everyone. And if you do join a team, most schools have a weight room so you can do the weights, too.
    3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: http://photobucket.com/albums/a119/CrazyCurlyQ/

Password: curlomania
    (albums are on the lefthand side)
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    One thing that I find helps me to eat healthier (especially when, like you, I'm just trying to be healthy and not necessarily lose weight) is to focus on what I do eat rather than what I don't eat. For example, I would make sure to get 8-10 glasses of water per day, 2-3 servings of fruit, 3-5 of vegetables, and 3 of dairy (low- or non-fat). Plus plenty of protein. If you focus more on eating the good stuff, you'll have less room for the bad stuff.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • mailgirlmailgirl Registered Users Posts: 451
    PixieCurl wrote:
    One thing that I find helps me to eat healthier (especially when, like you, I'm just trying to be healthy and not necessarily lose weight) is to focus on what I do eat rather than what I don't eat. For example, I would make sure to get 8-10 glasses of water per day, 2-3 servings of fruit, 3-5 of vegetables, and 3 of dairy (low- or non-fat). Plus plenty of protein. If you focus more on eating the good stuff, you'll have less room for the bad stuff.

hmm... this sounds very smart! :) It would be a better way of thinking for me! :)
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
  • b0ricubanab0ricubana Registered Users Posts: 125
    I've got the motivation, my boyfriend is addicted to working out! Seriously speaking! He will get moody and throw fits if he skips a workout in the gym for one day. So alot of times im stuck accompanying him and end up working out just as hard as he does, and/or doing his routine because he tries to coach me while he's there. (He's a amateur boxer). Not only does he work out but he eats alottt of fruits. Just like alot of you have already mentioned, when you totally stock up on alot of healthy food you sort of get used to eating them and you eat alot less of the unhealthy stuff. So i suggest, going to the grocery store atleast once a week and hittin up the produce isle, get a variety of your fave fruits and start experimenting with salads and frozen veggies, also nuts are pretty good for you aswell.

Also you should consider the track team because it is daily exercise and it will keep you fit without a doubt.

Good luck! :D
    type 3a hair. started the 'CG' routine on 06.12.07 the day of my very 1st 'Deva' cut ;D
    Currently using all Devacare products...
    ALSO Addicted to:
    Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Condish
    Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Condish
    HEBE Set me up
  • girlgeekgirlgeek Registered Users Posts: 17
    I use alli to keep me eating low fat/low cal. The idea of oil shooting out of my butt uncontrollably is enough to keep me from cheating. As far as exercise, I do it while watching my favorite shows. Strength training doesn't suck as hard if I can do it while watching court tv.
    Dude! Totally not my Fault. . . how was I supposed to know about the gas leak?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file