Make skin glow?

yaya77yaya77 Posts: 65Registered Users
How can I make my skin glow? Anyone know of any lotions that will give me a gold shimmer/glow to my dark skin. I'm black with a milk chocolate color so I don't need a sun tanner because I don't need a tan just a beautiful glow like Beyonce.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Revlon's Bare It All Lustrous Lotion comes in a shade they call Goldilooks that should give the effect you're looking for.

NARS Body Glow does the same thing, but costs $59 per bottle!

:shock:

Lancome Glow Sensuelle is $29, Benefit Flamingo Fancy is $24, Stila and Tarte both have "dry" shimmering oils and Smashbox has a glow lotion for $35 (all US dollars at Sephora).

hope that helps!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    meow cosmetics has this stuff:
    Crystalline Cat Glow Powder is untinted and natural by design, so it won't interfere with the color of your foundation. As a result, it appears crystalline white in the jar. Because Crystalline Cat has no added colors to conflict with your other cosmetics, it can impart an almost transparent, translucent glowing sheen, anywhere you apply it!

I got a sample and am liking this stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • denisemouniedenisemounie Posts: 255Registered Users
    yaya77 wrote:
    How can I make my skin glow? Anyone know of any lotions that will give me a gold shimmer/glow to my dark skin. I'm black with a milk chocolate color so I don't need a sun tanner because I don't need a tan just a beautiful glow like Beyonce.

Hello!

I use the Soft Shimmer Lotion by Jergens... its great!! Subtle shimmer when the sun or any light hits the skin... HTH!
    4a/4b... at this point, Henna has to be my friend, cause I've tried EVERYTHING else!!

Henna, Afro Detangler, KBB hair cream, Vitamin E oil, Qhemet AOHC, AND no more letting my hair dry curly... darn knots are driving me crazy!!:happy7:

http://public.fotki.com/denisemounie/
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i bought the jergens because of these posts. i like it! thanks denisemounie
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • denisemouniedenisemounie Posts: 255Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote:
    i bought the jergens because of these posts. i like it! thanks denisemounie

You're welcome!! I absolutely LOVE that stuff... sun kissed skin everywhere you go :P
    4a/4b... at this point, Henna has to be my friend, cause I've tried EVERYTHING else!!

Henna, Afro Detangler, KBB hair cream, Vitamin E oil, Qhemet AOHC, AND no more letting my hair dry curly... darn knots are driving me crazy!!:happy7:

http://public.fotki.com/denisemounie/
  • j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A "glow" on chocolate skin is the most beautiful thing ever....I think if you exfoliate, then use a mask, then moisturize, THEN use one of the above mentioned products, you'll be in business.

I am about Beyonce's complexion (and I have a hint of extra color right now), and I am amazed at how nice my skin looks after I do a nice light scrub and mask.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • niknik Posts: 109Registered Users
    Are u asking about a facial glow or body glow?

For a facial glow I agree with J'adore. Exfoliate, mask first. Then I use MAC's bronzer on my cheeks in Refined Beyond Bronze...has a little bit of gold shimmer. For my body I really want 2 glow on the weekends when I go out more. I exfoliate once a week like Friday, apply usual lotion and a dab of the Jergens glimmer lotion on top. HTH.
    There will never be another you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file