Relaxer for a guy

avillaxavillax Posts: 19Registered Users
Ok I am a guy with coarse curly hair, and have alopecia norwood 1 or 2 and want to relax my hair or something. Having a perm is no good according to me because I could damage my hair and lose more. (I already had 1 hair transplant).

I thought maybe a relaxer, but my mom says her friends have gone through that and that they loose a lot of hair and even damage their scalp.

Isn't there a procedure at a hair saloon that can relax my hair without affecting my scalp or my alopecia?

Comments

• keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    I would just flat iron it, but how come you didnt just get straight hair when you got your hair transplant? cant they do that?
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly
  • avillaxavillax Posts: 19Registered Users
    He he , good one :D
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I have, and never will again. Wether you want curly or not, relaxing it will just make it more frizzy, tangled, dry and damaged. Relaxers strip the hair in half. Use a flat iron or curl reducing product.
    3b-3c CG
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    JuicyTube wrote:
    I have, and never will again. Wether you want curly or not, relaxing it will just make it more frizzy, tangled, dry and damaged. Relaxers strip the hair in half. Use a flat iron or curl reducing product.

did you ever try phytorelaxer?
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    keikok wrote:
    JuicyTube wrote:

did you ever try phytorelaxer?
    no, but I wouldn't either way.
    3b-3c CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file