Rou:Can you help me find a palette for my friend?

BBBB Registered Users Posts: 475
Hi, Rou (and anyone else who stumbled here),
My friend really wants a makeup plalette for Christmas but I'm stumped as to what to get her. She'd love an eye/cheek/lip palette but I haven't seen any that are suitable so I might get her two. She uses and likes MAC and Bobbi Brown.
Here are her specs: medium-toned African-American, dark brown hair and eyes, combo skin. She likes red or neutral lips and neutral eyes (f I buy her gray or purple she'll throw it at me :-) ). The Viva Glam lip palette looks nice but I have no idea where to start with the eyes. My other thought was the BB deep lip/eye set.
Thank you so much! You've been such a great help.
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    darn!

MAC has a gorgeous eye/lip/cheek palette this xmas, but it has purple in addition to neutrals!

:(

unfortunately, you can't see it on the website, it's only available at Pro Shops and The Bay in Canada.

BB does have a face palette for eyes and cheeks available.

too bad your friend won't expand her horizons because BB also has a GORGEOUS shimmering eye kohl palette with black, blue, purple and khaki shades.

good luck!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • BBBB Registered Users Posts: 475
    Thanks, Rou!
    Her biggest problem is everyone wants to put gray and purple on her and she wants to see how she looks with other colors. What I might do it have her go for a makeover at one of the counters so she can test drive a look. I do wish I could see that MAC pallete.
    What do you think about the M·A·C 7 ´Face Sparkle´ Holiday Palette for her coloring? (I'm so bad at this :D )

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    that's the one i was talking about, i didn't know Nordies had it too! the colours are SO much better in real life.

i'm thinking of getting it for myself!!!

:D

Showstopper is the darkest brown MAC has and it's a perfect liner and i think Beauty Marked is a beautiful burgundy purple.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • BBBB Registered Users Posts: 475
    Thanks so much! I actually saw it on the Nordstrom's web site. They didn't have it in the brick and mortar store when I went there yesterday. I might just take the plunge and get it for her. I agree -- the picture on the site is pretty bad!

-Mohandas Gandhi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file