We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I have CURLS!

DitdahDitdah Posts: 151Registered Users
I want to jump and sing and shout! I HAVE CURLS! (Well, as close as I'm going to get, anyway.) :D :D :D

Thanks to the advice of many of you, I keep making changes to my routine. This morning I tried something COMPLETELY different. Different products, methods, no plopping.

I CO washed and then conditioned with VO5 kiwi lime. I squeezed out the excess water in my hair, mixed a glob of the VO5 with a glob or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], and raked that all in. Then I brushed my hair. (Yes, I thought it was odd, too.) Next I raked in 4 small puddles of Alagio curl cream, and brushed again. Then I sprayed with LTW, and raked/scrunched that in. I scrunched some more with a MF towel, and then diffused. I diffused to maybe 50% dry - enough that I don't look drippy, but not so much that it turns to a frizz ball.

I have full, bouncy, happy waves and curls. I have much more real curl than I have been getting - quite a few full ringlets! I still have a little frizz I need to work out, but I am SO excited!! I just had to share with everyone.
2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
PW: hair

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    High FIVE!!!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • ACHACH Posts: 245Registered Users
    WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

I actually developed a nice chunky spiral curl this past weekend myself! Week 3 CG!
    Amy
    2b/3a-ish at times
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FAHopewell1%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    PW hair

Currently using
    Jessicurl HCC
    Aloeba
    CK
    AG Liquid Effects
  • DitdahDitdah Posts: 151Registered Users
    I am amazed in general how much better my hair feels, and it hasn't even been very long on CG. It is generally much softer and feels more healthy. I want to tell everyone I know about this method and this site!
    2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
    Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
    Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
    PW: hair
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yay!!! Congrats! My hair likes the brushing routine too.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    *happy dance* :D
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    *dancing banana*
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    Must be a day for great hair in Columbus! : )

I just posted too that I switched things up today and had great results. It feels awesome, doesn't it?!?!?!?
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    jlpmom23 wrote:
    Must be a day for great hair in Columbus! : )

I just posted too that I switched things up today and had great results. It feels awesome, doesn't it?!?!?!?

Has to be Ohio in general, great hair day here too! LOVE LOVE LOVE the results of the Bioterra gel/VO5 combo as of late!!!
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file