coconut oil or milk??

danielleydanielley Posts: 24Registered Users
well last night i tried making a DT with coconut oil, olive oil, and honey. when i woke up this morning my hair was stiff and greasy so i washed it with baking soda and water but it was still greasy/oily but i had no time to keep washing so i just added gel and threw it in a pony tail.

should i try getting some coconut milk instead? and how do i get all this oil out of my hair???
:]
loving the curls
3a/3b-CG
pw: curlies

cowash: suave naturals alternating with low poo
co: b2b pomegranate peach mixed with burt's bees grapefruit and sugar beet
products: HE set me up gel, VO5 condish and angell mixed together, and HE totally twisted mousse

Comments

• forest13forest13 Posts: 27Registered Users
    Hi !
    It doesn't surprise me that you hair was greasy!! Just use one oil either coconut or olive (no need to add so many products). Both oils are excellent. Apply it hot on your scalp or massage it into your scalp and wrap a hot towel around your hair for an hour before washing it off. If you prefer overnight then go with hot oil and take your time to massage it into the scalp and hair. Coconut milk is also excellent. However, your hair will also feel a bit greasy after application and rinsing with a CO. It will give you lovely curls though. And the next day to remove the grease from the coconut milk just rinse your hair with water (I someimes rinse with rice water). It leaves the hair with just the amount of oil it requires to stay moisturised without it being greasy! Goodluck ;-)
  • forest13forest13 Posts: 27Registered Users
    Oh yes, if you just use one oil, you'll find that using CO is good enough to give you less greasy results :-)
  • danielleydanielley Posts: 24Registered Users
    thank you so much! :D
    :]
    loving the curls
    3a/3b-CG
    pw: curlies

cowash: suave naturals alternating with low poo
    co: b2b pomegranate peach mixed with burt's bees grapefruit and sugar beet
    products: HE set me up gel, VO5 condish and angell mixed together, and HE totally twisted mousse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file