Most inappropriately expensive thing EVER - your vote?

I've seen and heard of a lot of pricey things in my day. For example, $25 million (or whatever it costs) to go up in a space shuttle is idiotic, but it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience at this point in history (although you could almost end poverty in Iran where the first female Space Adventures passenger comes from and where the poverty level is 40%. But I digress...)

However, $400 flip flops just blow my mind. A piece of wood, two strings and some sparkly things. Who thinks this stuff up? And why? Sure, I like crystals too but sheesh...

3279-473112-d.jpg

http://couture.zappos.com/n/p/dp/25616733/c/41364.html

What's the one thing that the cost of which just made you want to scream?!

Comments

• realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    Kimshi42 wrote:
    What's the one thing that the cost of which just made you want to scream?!

I have had some serious sticker shock from clothes before. But I guess it would be diapers or baby formula since I'm forced to buy them. Same goes for gasoline prices. Oh yeah, and thong underwear- there's hardly any fabric there, why do they charge $15 for it?! I'm a cheapskate, I could go on forever :lol:
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    Gucci ice cube trays? Yes, they do exist. I think they were like $60 per tray for G shaped ice. I just found this hilarious. I mean come ON.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Registered Users Posts: 5,766 Curl Connoisseur
    omg. I had to google it.

here is a review:

"These trays are AWFUL. Gucci charged my mother $90.00 because she got them for me as a present and you cannot even get the ice out. It’s such a joke. And their so-called return policy prohibits me from returning them in any way because I used them. Apparently, GUCCI failed to test the effectiveness of their own product and has no problem sticking it to my mother for $90.00 because of their failure."

Sorry, honey... but if a person is asinine enough to pay $90.00 for ice cube trays then they deserve for them to SUCK and not even work. And actually anyone who pays $90 for ice cube trays, I hope they get an ice cube stuck to their dry tongue. Maybe the pain will snap them back to reality. :?

I'm really on a roll today.
    snark city.
  • ScarletScarlet Registered Users Posts: 3,125 Curl Neophyte
    Ha! I remember seeing them on either the Neiman Marcus or Saks site (I can't remember which one).
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    That expensive VS bra w/ the stones/diamonds? on it... :!: :?:
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    That expensive VS bra w/ the stones/diamonds? on it... :!: :?:
    Oh yeah! What's the point of that?? :roll:
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    I would think if you're paying $90 so it spits out the G shape, you're gonna use it for a caviar mold or something, not ice!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm watching a party planning show on Style network. A guy is doing a party for Kimora Lee Simmons and fabric for the tables to be covered in was $45,000. Fabric that people will be eating food on top of. :shock: It's hand beaded silk duipioni (sp). I'm sure as the show goes on I'll be sickened further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I love those shoes! :twisted:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    omg. I had to google it.

here is a review:

"These trays are AWFUL. Gucci charged my mother $90.00 because she got them for me as a present and you cannot even get the ice out. It’s such a joke. And their so-called return policy prohibits me from returning them in any way because I used them. Apparently, GUCCI failed to test the effectiveness of their own product and has no problem sticking it to my mother for $90.00 because of their failure."

Sorry, honey... but if a person is asinine enough to pay $90.00 for ice cube trays then they deserve for them to SUCK and not even work. And actually anyone who pays $90 for ice cube trays, I hope they get an ice cube stuck to their dry tongue. Maybe the pain will snap them back to reality. :?

I'm really on a roll today.
    snark city.

I totally agree. I cant believe salads are so expensive. I know this sounds silly but I hate salads(I call it rabbit food) but I thought I might try one at a restaurant(attempting to watch what I eat) and it was more expensive than real food! How can leaves be so expensive!
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    I used to get this catalog in the mail, no clue how I got on there list. They sold pens, and not a single one was under a 3 digit number. They even had pens that were over a thousand dollars, and no they didn't have gold or diamonds on them. Why anyone would spend so much on an item that they will probably lose boggles my mind.

Oh and I think children's books are overpriced as well. Spending 10 bucks on a 5 page book is outrageous.
  • jada1111jada1111 Registered Users Posts: 829
    The $600 iphone.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Gasoline.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Milk
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Fresh fruit (watermelon: $2.98 lb???)
    Hormone free chicken, beef
    Free range, cage-free eggs
    Bison
    House plants
    Books
    Natural cleaning products
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    Windflower wrote:
    Fresh fruit (watermelon: $2.98 lb???)
    Hormone free chicken, beef
    Free range, cage-free eggs
    Bison
    House plants
    Books
    Natural cleaning products

everything natural/good for you is too expensive.

and bottled water
  • O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Registered Users Posts: 1,042
    thats true. All the natural/good stuffs are expensive!!
    And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:
  • CaryCary Registered Users Posts: 102
    hybrid cars :(
    when you hook up an EKG to a tree you'll get a heartbeat every 15 mins
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    On the cribs episode with Kimora Lee (since someone mentioned her), they showed her gold toilet which was one of three in the world. I can't remember the cost, but why the hell would you need a solid gold toilet? :?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Hummers. Ridiculously expensive, use too much gas, impossible to park.
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    The thing is, as long as there's some moron willing to pay the $90 for ice cube trays, people will sell them!

I don't think it gets me mad that people charge that much for them, it makes me mad when people go out and buy buy buy and then complain that they don't have enough money.

I've seen Broadway tickets here go up to $100 a pop and that's overpriced if you ask me. But, as long as they're selling the seats, they'll keep selling them at that rate.

Also....movie tickets for $10 - ripoff. I don't see a new movie now unless I go to a matinee or have a coupon.
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
    Also....movie tickets for $10 - ripoff. I don't see a new movie now unless I go to a matinee or have a coupon.

Yep, plus you can buy brand new DVDs on amazon for $3 each.
  • CarriolaCarriola Registered Users Posts: 30
    college tuition. :shock:
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Registered Users Posts: 1,628
    Carriola wrote:
    college tuition. :shock:

Going along with that.... textbooks.

"Okay, so it's hardcover and was written by a few highly qualified people.... but $120?!??? It's PAPER AND INK, people!"
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    spring1onu wrote:
    I'm watching a party planning show on Style network. A guy is doing a party for Kimora Lee Simmons and fabric for the tables to be covered in was $45,000. Fabric that people will be eating food on top of. :shock: It's hand beaded silk duipioni (sp). I'm sure as the show goes on I'll be sickened further.

when i see stuff like that i just think com on people do something good with that money. Sure throw your party and it can be fancy to but go with something cheaper for that and give the rest of the money to something worth while. I don't know it just drives me nuts
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • DiscgirlDiscgirl Registered Users Posts: 746
    KLS is just plain trashy. She's proof money cannot buy breeding. Ick.

My vote -- Coach leaather seats for I believe it was Lexus.
    Discgirl wrote:

AGREED!
  • rileybrileyb Registered Users Posts: 1,975 Curl Connoisseur
    Discgirl wrote:

OR good taste, that house she lived in was horrendous!
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    Munchy wrote:

Yep, plus you can buy brand new DVDs on amazon for $3 each.

Yeah, but you don't get to go to the movies if you buy the DVD.

There's more to going to the movies than just seeing the movie. I love the whole movie-going experience, whether it's at the big theater or at our little indie theater (which serves full meals, beer, wine and Starbucks along with the usual movie snacks!).
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    The brackets for our deck cost up to $65 each. They're little pieces of metal. That's it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file