should ALL my products be CG?

SswankyySswankyy Registered Users Posts: 11
I'm not sure if I am being overly cautious or if this is a legitimate concern but, since starting CG, I've noticed almost all of my beauty products (body washes, lotions, etc.) contain sulfates and cones. Should i be making sure that I don't use these ingredients in anything? I keep worrying about putting lotion on that contains dimethicone and having my hair rub onto it. Ha am I just being paranoid or is this a real concern??

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    You're overly paranoid. Just wash your hands every time after using lotion like I do :lol:
    3b-3c CG
  • miralalunamiralaluna Registered Users Posts: 168
    I feel weird about using chemicals on my face and body now too since SLS can be so drying and, well, the thought of chemicals all over me isn't too appealing. I'm not going to splash out on fancy handsoap or anything anytime soon though... my cheapo buy one get one free one will do just fine :)
    Fine texture (I think?!), normal porosity
    No 'poo since May 2007

Current products (used only as & when required!):
    - Naked Sensitive Scalp conditioner
    - Shikakai powder
    - Jojoba oil

My Fotki - pw: curlywhirly
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    If you want to avoid sulfates in body and face wash, do so if you're concerned about your skin drying out. It's not going to hurt your hair. Same with lotions. Silicones are not bad for the skin b/c the skin is constantly shedding and renewing itself. They would never have a chance to build up, like they can on hair.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    Interesting thought I used to wonder the samething and I started trying to be careful not to touch my hair after I use vaseline, lotion or whatever it is.
    So basically I end up doing my hair first and then putting on lotion or whatever after
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    For me, the -cones and sulfates don't work for my hair anyway, so I avoid them by default. Many curlies on here have found that it works best for them to use some sulfates occasionally, or less intense -cones like amodimethicone. They consider themselves modified CG, and they all have great hair! Don't get tied up in the rules if you have products and routines that work for you. Whatever works, that's what you should do! :D
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file