How long should my stomach stay like this?

curlyninercurlyniner Registered Users Posts: 130
Not sure quite else how to phrase that...but that's exactly my question. My stomach has been rock-hard (and, of course, not in the sexy-rock-hard-abs kind of way :wink: ) for the past hour and a half. I know the standard m.o. with the water and lying down and whatnot...it's just not as easy as it sounds when you have a 2.5 year old to feed and bathe and get ready for bed.

Of course it happens all the time, but usually not for more than 10 minutes or so. Is there any point at which I should be concerned?

(I'm tempted to chalk it up to a rough week....I had flown out of town on Monday for work, work three 10-hour days (some outside :evil:) and then had a helluva time getting back home last night. I've walked around like an 80-year old woman most of the day, legs and back are really sore...but my belly hasn't given me any issues until now, so I dunno...)
"Things are exactly as they should be, all evidence to the contrary."

password = niner

D4KAm4.png

Comments

• medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    It shouldn't stay hard. Is there a doctor on-call that you could get a hold of?

Mine gets rock-hard on and off every hour, all day long. I'm at the end of my pregnancy. But if it were to stay hard, I'd be concerned.

See what the doc says.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    It's 3 hours since you posted...hopefully your uterus has softened up by now. I would call the doc if I were you...just have it checked out.
  • curlyninercurlyniner Registered Users Posts: 130
    Actually, no... :? ...it's 4.5 hours later and still the same. (When DH came home, even he noticed - "Wow, your stomach is huge!"). I did talk to the midwife on call, and given that I don't have any other problems she said it was probably an 'irritated uterus' brought on by doing too much and not enough water.

She told me to take a benadryl (really??), drink some water, and not to worry unless it starts to become painful (rather than just uncomfortable). So it's nice to know not to worry, but it's still a little weird.
    "Things are exactly as they should be, all evidence to the contrary."

password = niner

D4KAm4.png
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    curlyniner wrote:
    Actually, no... :? ...it's 4.5 hours later and still the same. (When DH came home, even he noticed - "Wow, your stomach is huge!"). I did talk to the midwife on call, and given that I don't have any other problems she said it was probably an 'irritated uterus' brought on by doing too much and not enough water.

She told me to take a benadryl (really??), drink some water, and not to worry unless it starts to become painful (rather than just uncomfortable). So it's nice to know not to worry, but it's still a little weird.

You see, even then, it shouldn't stay hard. Did you try googling it? Anyway, I've had Braxton Hicks (uncomfortable ones) since 24 weeks. I'd get up 4 in one hour. Now, I get them even more frequently and they last longer, but my stomach doesn't stay hard. It softens up after 60 seconds and hardens up again when the next contraction starts.

Drink lots of water and rest. I hope you're feeling much better today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file