We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Who do you "think" will win the election?

munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I am voting for Bush/Cheney, but for some reason I think Kerry/Edwards are going to win, which btw most people I know think Bush/Cheney will win. I do predict either way it will be close.
3b/c
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    i vote kerry/edwards. i don't know what's going to happen. last night i asked my patients. several said they're just ready for it to be over with because they're sick of the lies and the mudslinging. one lady said she hopes bush loses; her father (the patient) too. another patient had a bush/cheney poster, huge poster, standing in his room. at the beginning of the night he said "i hope bush/cheney wins." a little later on rounds out of no where he goes, "that **** bush...that **** BETTER win!" sooooo funny. not necessarily what he said but the way he said it and it was completely out of nowhere.....i told him he needed to turn off the news and get some sleep. :lol:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,860Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    munchkin wrote:
    I am voting for Bush/Cheney, but for some reason I think Kerry/Edwards are going to win, which btw most people I know think Bush/Cheney will win. I do predict either way it will be close.

I'm obviously not voting, but this is my prediction as well. If I could, I'd vote for Bush, but think that Kerry may just do it :?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I'm still hoping McCain gets enough write-in votes to win!

I'm still trying to debate if I really prefer one over the other. If they seem equally bad to me in the end, I'll vote Libertarian!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Something a little off the subject... last week I watched The Larry Elder Show on my lunch hour. He had on couples who supported opposite candidates, a father/son who supported opposite candidates, etc., and how it was affecting their relationships. Was very interesting. Not sure how some of these marriages were going to make it through election day!

But the one situation that came up that completely floored me was a woman in Alabama (or Arkansas) who had a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker on her car in the company parking lot and was let go from her job. She took her case to the media and did find another job, but felt she had been wrongly fired. They then had on a man who had learned about her case through the media and thought she should have been fired. His reasoning was her car was on private property and, therefore, the owner had a right to not want that on his property and could fire her. I got the impression this was a smaller company that was privately owned, not one publicly owned. Turned out Larry Elder said (even though he would have handled it differently and asked her to remove the bumper sticker first) the owner did have a right to fire her because it was considered private property. I didn't see that coming a mile away. I thought for sure she could have won in court but apparently not.
    3b/c
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    munchkin wrote:
    Something a little off the subject... last week I watched The Larry Elder Show on my lunch hour. He had on couples who supported opposite candidates, a father/son who supported opposite candidates, etc., and how it was affecting their relationships. Was very interesting. Not sure how some of these marriages were going to make it through election day!

DH and I are like this.. I am a die-hard Democrat and will vote Kerry / Edwards but I think Bush / Cheney will win.. DH is a Conservative Independent ( I call him my closet Republican ) and has already told me that he is with Bush all the way.. We have had some pretty hefty arguments about the race and so we try not to talk about it!!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    munchkin wrote:

DH and I are like this.. I am a die-hard Democrat and will vote Kerry / Edwards but I think Bush / Cheney will win.. DH is a Conservative Independent ( I call him my closet Republican ) and has already told me that he is with Bush all the way.. We have had some pretty hefty arguments about the race and so we try not to talk about it!!!

That's my husband and me, too. Politics is off-limits in our house. Luckily he's not as rabid a Republican as I am a Democrat so things never get too heated. I always tell him he's a "knee-jerk Republican" - that's what his family always voted so that's what he votes. He's really not that much into politics, and sadly, here in Texas, it doesn't matter WHAT you vote b/c it's such a Republican state.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Since the Washington Redskins lost, I'm voting for Kerry to win.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    I'm voting Bush/Cheney and think they will win.
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I'm voting for Kerry but think Bush is going to win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How about a category for: p*'d off because I can't vote! :twisted: Hubby and I registered for absentee ballots (military, out of state) long ago, received the confirmation, got the voting books, but NEVER got our absentee ballots! :evil: :twisted: We are SO mad! I'll be making some nasty calls to a few offices. :twisted:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurliLocks wrote:
    How about a category for: p*'d off because I can't vote! :twisted: Hubby and I registered for absentee ballots (military, out of state) long ago, received the confirmation, got the voting books, but NEVER got our absentee ballots! :evil: :twisted: We are SO mad! I'll be making some nasty calls to a few offices. :twisted:

I heard there were a lot of absentee ballots that never got to where they were supposed to. I don't blame you for being mad, especially since you are military... you more than anyone should not have your voting right taken from you.
    3b/c
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    DH and I are like this.. I am a die-hard Democrat and will vote Kerry / Edwards but I think Bush / Cheney will win.. DH is a Conservative Independent ( I call him my closet Republican ) and has already told me that he is with Bush all the way...

That's me and dh...except mine isn't a closet Republican. He got pissed off when I asked our 5 year-old who he would vote for in his kindergarten pretend election. When ds said, "Kerry" dh accused me of coercing him. :roll: Whatever.

I'm certain the shrub will win. But I'd love to eat my words Wednesday morning. :D
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    !

I love you! :love:love.gif
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    NetG wrote:

I love that guy.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    loosecurls wrote:
    NetG wrote:
    !

I love you! :love:love.gif

CGNYC wrote:
    I love that guy.

He's awesome. I don't agree with him on EVERYTHING. I think he's more socially conservative than I am. But I am sure a big fan of his politics in general.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • GurlwithCurlsGurlwithCurls Posts: 129Registered Users
    I'm voting for Kerry and am feeling quite certain that he will win.
    3b/c and outta control
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    I voted for Bush/Cheney the other day, and I have a good feeling he will win. My dad and my uncle are both convinced it will be a LANDSLIDE victory for Bush, and i'm praying they're right!! I'd love it if this election doesnt end up being as close as everyone thinks. I'm ready for ALL these political ads to end already!!! :evil:
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
    Since the Washington Redskins lost, I'm voting for Kerry to win.

hasn't that been right since forever ago...like 1918 or some crazy year
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    curlyara wrote:
    i vote kerry/edwards.

since the ANA is officially supporting kerry/edwards, and my friend's mother works for them, i have a ton of "nurses for kerry" bumper stickers all over my place :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    goldylocks wrote:
    curlyara wrote:
    i vote kerry/edwards.

since the ANA is officially supporting kerry/edwards, and my friend's mother works for them, i have a ton of "nurses for kerry" bumper stickers all over my place :)

cool! i hope he wins. :) wednesday morning it will be all over (granted there aren't any stupid election irregularities like with florida last time) and we'll know then!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • LJCurly9LJCurly9 Posts: 9Registered Users
    Here's another hand for someone who didn't get their absentee ballot...and I also received all the other confirmation stuff. I'm a college freshman, and I've already voted in my hometown with the local gov. and stuff...anyway, this was going to be my first Presidential vote and I was REALLY excited about it, too.

ANYWAY..back to topic. I think Bush/Cheney will win...
  • AnnaDMBAnnaDMB Posts: 13Registered Users
    I voted for Bush/Cheney the other day, and I have a good feeling he will win. My dad and my uncle are both convinced it will be a LANDSLIDE victory for Bush, and i'm praying they're right!! I'd love it if this election doesnt end up being as close as everyone thinks. I'm ready for ALL these political ads to end already!!! :evil:

As much as I'd love to think this will be the case, this election is going to be extremley close. All the latest polls show them either in a deadlock, or with Kerry having a 1-2 point lead. I highly doubt if we'll even hear of a clear winner tomorrow night.

Anyways, I voted for Bush/Cheney a month ago (absentee), and I pray that they win. But I have a feeling that it's going to be CLOSE.
  • the doctorthe doctor Posts: 393Registered Users
    I'm going to school, and I'm going to avoid all discussion of politics that I can. Which will be difficult considering I'm taking a PoliSci class. :p Then I'm going to the movies and then I'm getting takeout, and then I'm going to get good and plastered and watch the Daily Show's election special.
    spring1onu wrote:
    I like having something "down below"
    smurfette wrote:
    What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
    don't click this. seriously.
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    Voting Kerry/Edwards

Amazing how much Bush has had to campaign. It was like he was running for the first time. It sure makes a difference when people feel you've done an acceptable job your first four years. :wink:
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Bush supporter here. Maybe it's because of the political environment in California, electoral college is pretty much sold to Kerry...I have a feeling Kerry may actually take it, but most democrats/liberals I talk to feel the opposite.

Regardless of funding source, participants...hard to discredit everything even with skepticism, stuff I had no idea about Kerry...may be old news though www.stolenhonor.com

Video to the lower left, aprox. 16 mins in if you're impatient, interesting!
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Voting for (and hoping for) Bush/Cheney. This will be the first time I vote Republican.

However, we won't know the results for at least a month. :roll:
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    th_vote.jpg

We're going to vote as soon as I am showered & the wee one's up from her nap!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    oh, what an ADORABLE picture!!! A new generation of Republicans!! :D
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • perfectlyfrizzycurlsperfectlyfrizzycurls Posts: 39Registered Users
    Theed Redskins thing has been right since 1936 but the Redsox came from a 0-3 deficit to beat the Yankees, and win the World Series, so all bets are off this year.

Speaking of childrens polls, the Weekly Reader Poll choose President Bush, since 1956m they have been correct 11 out of 12 times.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file