Curlisto

miztikkmiztikk Posts: 19Registered Users
Anyone ever tried any Curlisto products? or ever been to the salon (Christo) ?
3B, with some 3C in the center <3
... learning to love the curls ....

evercreme intensive shampoo/cleansing cream
redken real control intensive renewal mask
HE hello hydration conditioner/redken all soft conditioner
devacurl arcangel/chs curl keeper

Comments

• apointeapointe Posts: 199Registered Users
    I've been to the salon and I did not like it one bit! After washing/conditioning, my stylist spent close to 10 minutes trying to get me to buy a deep treatment that was an additional $80. Then to style my hair she used a fine tooth comb to COMB each section of hair before she put product on it, combed again, and scrunched it. I am a 2c top/3a bottom (which she coul easily see when I went it) and my hair came out with barely a wave in it! It felt product-y and greasy after she dried my hair. I don't remember how much I paid, but it was not cheap (about regular for NYC salons probably).
    Oh, and I also purchased their sample products to try at home and found them last week ... most of them have -cones in them.
    NYC - but originally from Philly!

2c/3a - coarse texture, little volume - still experimenting!

2007-2008 Curly Fantasy Football Champion! :hello1:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I go to a Curlisto affiliated salon in my town, but I no longer use the products (except when they put them on me after a cut and poo) since they do have cyclomethicone in there, a non-water soluble cone. However, if you don't care about that, I can say that I liked

Botanical Shampoo (has a sulfate about 3-4 ingredients down, but gentle)
    Botanical rinse (excellent light conditioner)
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curlisto-Repair-Styling-Cream-p-114.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlisto-repair-styling-cream]Repair Styling cream[/buylink]
    Deep treatment (fast acting 5-10 minutes and no heat required)
    Control II. You're supposed to use with Structura but I used mostly with Ouidad Botanical Boost.

Don't let them do the deep treatment at the salon, it's a rip. Buy it and do it at home.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • miztikkmiztikk Posts: 19Registered Users
    Oh man... that messes me up. I looked through the reviews for NYC curl salons on here but it got a little confusing. Since Christo isn't the best, are there any other suggestions out there for NYC curl salons? I'm so sick of getting my hair blown out everytime.
    3B, with some 3C in the center <3
    ... learning to love the curls ....

evercreme intensive shampoo/cleansing cream
    redken real control intensive renewal mask
    HE hello hydration conditioner/redken all soft conditioner
    devacurl arcangel/chs curl keeper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file