First Birthday Themes?? BOY

deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
Liam's first birthday is in a bit over 5 weeks so I am starting to plan his party... I was thinking of doing either a Sesame Street or Blues Clues theme.. since he likes both...

SESAME STREET (the more I look at it I love it)
http://www.partycity.com/cgi-bin/parties/show.cgi?thepartytype=1004&parties=Sesame%20Street%20First%20Birthday

BLUES CLUES
http://www.partycity.com/cgi-bin/parties/show.cgi?thepartytype=1005&parties=Blues%20Clues

For the new mommies.. who are around me (IC, Trenllm) what are you doing or have you even thought of it...

For the others what did you do ?

~d
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    They don't care about themes at their first birthday, so I would not sweat it. They are barely aware that something is going on with the presents, and at that age the wrapping paper is often more exciting than the actual present. They usually get into the cake, though.
    We had a little party for close family only (which is like 15 people for us), presents, cake and no theme.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    We had a huge family gathering for Tyson's first birthday. He didn't know what the heck was going on, really. All he knew was that a bunch of people were in his backyard. We had music, barbecue and drinks. It was fun. It was more about us (adults) getting together to celebrate Ty's first birthday than anything else.

We didn't have much of a theme. Since we had barbecue, we had the cake made with a western theme..but that was about it.
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    true.. you both have points.

hmmm
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Well, I'm not a mommy quite yet, but I'm very partial to blue's clues. I still know all the songs from watching it with my little sister. :oops:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    I'm a huge Curious George fan, so I'd probably do something I liked while the little person still didn't have much of an opinion!

I say make it easy on yourself - there will be PLENTY of birthdays where Liam has specific requests!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    We did a Halloween theme because it was the week before Halloween. The cake was shaped like a pumpkin and all of the kids and some adults were in costume. Xander didn't care or notice. Honestly, I don't think he cares this year either. I am planning to do it at Gymboree this year so they can entertain all of the wee ones and do the clean up.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    I was just going to ask you if you had thought about Liam's first birthday yet.

I'm thinking about a truck theme...that goes along with his bedding. I may try to have someone decorate a cake that matches his bedding. I figure this might be the only year I get to choose...

Although, someone sent me a catalogue with 1st birthday stuff you can buy. The simple 1st birthday stuff is really cute.
    Heck, we didnt do anything this year either. He hadn't spent anytime with his dad in a while, so I let him go with his dad and grandpa for the boys time or half the day to the zoo.

Next year, when he's a bit older, I may do something with a theme. But I'm still not doing that kiddy game crap. :? I may just have it at Chuck E. Cheese next year
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    Meghuney wrote:
    Heck, we didnt do anything this year either. He hadn't spent anytime with his dad in a while, so I let him go with his dad and grandpa for the boys time or half the day to the zoo.

Next year, when he's a bit older, I may do something with a theme. But I'm still not doing that kiddy game crap. :? I may just have it at Chuck E. Cheese next year

We did L's first birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. The kids had a blast and it was EASY. They took care of it all!

Munchy wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:

We did L's first birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. The kids had a blast and it was EASY. They took care of it all!

Well, he doesn't have many kids his age he's friends with. There are the kids at daycare, but I dont know any of their parents, you know? I only see his teachers when I drop Tyson off and pick him up. So, it would just be family members. I figure I may as well just have a family type event until he gets older and makes REAL friends. He has just as much fun playing outside in the yard as he does at Chuck E. Cheese at this age. But that no-clean up thing sounds REALLLLL GOOD. :lol:
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    We had a huge bash for Max's 1st birthday, it was more for us than him, though. We got a Clifford cake because that's what he liked but didn't really follow a theme, because really, the baby didn't care.

For my daughter's 1st birthday, I did a Hello Kitty theme, but it was more for her brother than her- he really wanted her to have Hello Kitty party :D .
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    We tacked DS's first birthday onto our annual Thanksgiving dinner (Cdn - in October). He didn't have any friends, so it was our friends and family - maybe 20 people total. I made a teddy bear cake and we just generic birthday decorations. He didn't eat the cake.

This year I'm not sure what we'll do. He has a few friends now and a few of my friends have kids. But he doesn't have any concept of a birthday or a party and does not really enjoy social gatherings. He's also gotten really shy and fearful in the last few months. I think he'll freak out at a houseful of people.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file