Spray gels

AnotherSunnyDayAnotherSunnyDay Posts: 94Registered Users
I think I want to try one.. I have wavy hair that needs to be less flat and more defined.

I was thinking about trying:
L'Oreal Studio Line Tightly Wound Curl Spray Gel
Clairol Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray Gel
Suave Professionals Healthy Curls Curl Enhancing Spray Gel
Garnier Curl Shaping Spray Gel

I've checked the reviews and whatnot, but I'm looking for more input on these :)

Comments

• meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    I love the first two. I don't use the Tightly Wound as a spray though because I think it's too thick for that. I just unscrew the top and squeeze a blob out like regular gel. I get low frizz and high shine w/ LTW.
    SMU is nice. It's lighter and does make a good even spray.
    Haven't tried the Suave one but the Garnier one was really sticky. :P
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • JessyCatJessyCat Posts: 91Registered Users
    Suave Professionals Healthy Curls Curl Enhancing Spray Gel is my HG spray gel. It's pretty lightweight for a spray gel, not too sticky, and gives great hold when I leave my hair to dry with no touching.
  • shopbopshopbop Posts: 113Registered Users
    Never had luck with spray gels, as they are too sticky and stiff. Spray in curl revivers work better, I think, like Jessicurl Awe Inspiriling Spray. Cristophe Beverly Hills (at CVS) Hydrating Curl Spray wasn't too bad...Also, it comes in a trial size bottle, which is the way to go when you're trying something new, I've found!
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    There is also one by pantene, but I don't know if they discontinued :?
    3b-3c CG
    shopbop wrote:
    Never had luck with spray gels, as they are too sticky and stiff.

I completely agree with this, which is why I was shocked to discover that HE SMU spray actually *isn't*! :D
    Plus it's cheap so it's definitely worth a shot.

• shopbopshopbop Posts: 113Registered Users
    Is the HE SMU spray a GEL or mousse? Will give it a try, save my receipt, and if it fails my 3a hair, will trot on back and return it!! Buying new hair prods, sifting thru receipt piles, and going back to return is becoming a new job for me! (the pay stinks, tho!)LOL
    They make a regular gel, spray gel, and mousse. I know there are at least a few people who use each one. The one I'm talking about is the spray gel though. Just make sure it says gel because the hairspray bottle looks really similar. :P
    I haven't tried the SMU mousse but I did try the regular gel and didn't like it. I ended up swapping it for the spray and I'm much happier. :)

I know what you mean... I think my wallet would be 10lbs lighter if I took all the "just in case" receipts out. :oops: I've bought a lot of stuff lately. I actually need to make a return to Eckard later today, if I can remember.

Once my online orders get here, I'm on restriction though. I shouldn't need to buy anything else until I use something up. (Considering I have three orders on the way. Shh! Don't tell. :lol: )

I don't have a problem. I can stop anytime I want! I just don't wnt to stop until I find what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what that is. LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file