Garnier fructis new products specific for curlies here

McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
Are the Garnier products (styling gel and leave-in) on the safe side for CG routine?
Here in Europe, they are making a big fuss about a new line for curly hair but until now I can't understand exactly which American names corresponds to which French names.
What are the ingredients that I really should avoid? I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl cleansing cream[/buylink] to wash once a week so I am not on a strict CG routine.
Corkscrew 3B

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A lot of curlies here like the GF Curl& Shine leave-in. It has amodimethicone, so it's not technically CG, but this cone is usually easier to remove than most. You should be able to get it out with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]JC HCC[/buylink].

I was personally very disappointed in all of GF's styling products.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
    Really? Why? Do you think that it comes from the cones? Do you have very thick hair?
    Mine is quite fine but I have a lot of them. Do you consider GF Curl& Shine leave-in as a styling product or more like a daily moisturizer?
    Corkscrew 3B
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    All that amodimethicone weighed my hair down like crazy and definitely didn't come out as easily as it seems to for some people here.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have very fine hair. The styling products just didn't do much for me. The soft curl cream was heavy and producty in my hair, and the gels were mediocre at best. The leave-in is good for frizz control and it does have a little bit of hold. Some people can use it alone, I used it under something else for hold.

ETA: Here's my hair with GF CnS leavein, recoil, and joiwhip. The leave-in gave me more frizz control and definition (in individual curls) than the other 2 products alone.

DSCN0533-vi.jpg
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
    Bailey:
    The pic is great. Your hair looks really so well defined and shiny!

meriellyn: Sorry to hear that it does not work for you. I am completely hesitating since I have tried so many products without success.

I am tempted by the GF products because they are (most of them)available in Europe and I should not be obliged to order overseas.

But my dream is to try Angell so maybe I should begin to spare some money for the shipping fee and forget about this Garnier Fructis leave-in :wink:
    Corkscrew 3B
  • DitdahDitdah Posts: 151Registered Users
    The GF Curl and Shine leave-in gives me really good curls and clumping, but I'm holding off on using it for a while until I've been CG for longer. Then I can figure out the the A-cone is a problem for me. But a whole lot of people around here like it! I used their spray gel before I went CG (haven't tried it since) and I liked it pretty well, also.
    2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
    Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
    Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
    PW: hair
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the Curl-n-Shine conditioner and the leave-in conditioning cream. I use the conditioner as a leave-in most of the time and can use the conditioning cream as a styler.

I also like the Soft Curl Cream, but it's an odd product. Works best in soaking wet hair.

Bailey .. uh, can I have your hair please? :wink:
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love the Soft Curl Cream. I find it doesn't feel as "producty" on my hair as a lot of other things do and it gives me great curls. I am really liking the Garnier products. For something as cheaply priced, this line works much better for me than a lot of high priced items I have tried in the past.
    3b/c
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    Another vote for the Soft Curl Creme!
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    I think the Soft Curl Cream is a love/hate product. I wanted to love it but it felt producty from the first use on me. I only used a tiny bit and tried a few more times with even less but no dice.
    Nobody seems to think it's just "ok"... it's either great or gross. Interesting how some products are like that.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I still have almost a full tub of the soft curl creme. I hard a time getting it through my hair even when soaking wet. I may try it again sometime.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    xcptnl wrote:
    I still have almost a full tub of the soft curl creme. I hard a time getting it through my hair even when soaking wet. I may try it again sometime.

I am like this with products like Ouidad's pomade; have a heck of a time getting it through my hair. I think that is what I like about the Soft Curl Creme; it's not as thick so I seem to be able to get it through my hair easier. I also like that my hair doesn't feel "producty" from it, though I realize different products react differently on everyone. There have been other products over the years people have raved about on this board that I have tried and hated. I guess we all need to find what works best for us individually. I like that this seems to work good for me and is so inexpensive.
    3b/c
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am so tempted by the GF products because of the recommendations here, but every time I sniff it in the store it smells like musty apples and way too strong. I wish they would come out with a fragrance free version.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • GeminiLeslieGeminiLeslie Posts: 190Registered Users
    GF products make my scalp itch like crazy...so I just stay away from them now. :?
    Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel :), VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm :), Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file