Going CG and staying CG

stellaBabystellaBaby Posts: 237Registered Users
... How do you do it? I've tried at least three times my last attempt last 24 days so that was a huge progress. But now I'm back to square one.

I braided my hair for at least a week when I took it out I had to shampoo it I didn't know what else to do. Now I can barely see any curls all I see is breaking dry hair.It's fustrating that I have to start over with constant moisturizing just because of that one poo wash. Sigh*
strickly CG.
BCed Jan 27,07
I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
My hair survives on;
Suave naturals
Herbal essences set me up gel
Amla powder
Other lovies; :laughing8:
[Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
hairpic.png
Taken Feb 21,09
Blogger
Youtuber

Comments

• DitdahDitdah Posts: 151Registered Users
    Well, it's been easy for me so far, because I haven't had any issues with not shampooing. I'm extremely frustrated with the whole no-cone products thing, because my hair is all frizzy and my curls aren't well defined. But my hair feels softer than ever before and I have absolutely no issues with my scalp feeling dirty at all. I'm so tempted to just buy some cone laden products so that I can have my frizz free curls for a day, but I know I'll regret it.

I know that's not much help. I don't really have any advice for you, but I do understand your frustration!
    2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
    Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
    Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
    PW: hair
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    stellaBaby wrote:
    ... How do you do it? I've tried at least three times my last attempt last 24 days so that was a huge progress. But now I'm back to square one.

I braided my hair for at least a week when I took it out I had to shampoo it I didn't know what else to do. Now I can barely see any curls all I see is breaking dry hair.It's fustrating that I have to start over with constant moisturizing just because of that one poo wash. Sigh*

I'm curious. Why did you feel you had to shampoo? Wouldn't wetting it thoroughly and a good co-wash have worked? Did you have some kind of heavy product in your hair to help you braid?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Brio wrote:
    stellaBaby wrote:

I'm curious. Why did you feel you had to shampoo? Wouldn't wetting it thoroughly and a good co-wash have worked? Did you have some kind of heavy product in your hair to help you braid?

This puzzles me as well... what do you mean you didn't kow what else to do? If you need cleaning options, you can do a co-wash, a co-wash with lemon juice mixed with the co, a baking soda scrub, an ACV rinse... tons of options. With dry hair, I would try all of those first before turning to shampoo.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Posts: 237Registered Users
    Brio wrote:
    stellaBaby wrote:

Yes, i think the stylist put something that had mineral oil in my hair.
    It looked like a gel, i read the back and the first product was parrafium or something like that.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    Hey, don't beat yourself up about the single shampoo you recently did. Just think of all the good you did on the days you DIDN'T shampoo. There's alot of us who do "modified" CG and do shampoo occasionally.

Maybe next time you can get your stylist to use a different product without petroleum or heavy waxes. From what you described, I think you would need to use shampoo to get that out. Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist Gel might work well and it is CG. It has coconut milk high on the ingredients list, and I think that would be moisturzing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Posts: 237Registered Users
    Brio wrote:
    Hey, don't beat yourself up about the single shampoo you recently did. Just think of all the good you did on the days you DIDN'T shampoo. There's alot of us who do "modified" CG and do shampoo occasionally.

Maybe next time you can get your stylist to use a different product without petroleum or heavy waxes. From what you described, I think you would need to use shampoo to get that out. Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist Gel might work well and it is CG. It has coconut milk high on the ingredients list, and I think that would be moisturzing.

Thank you for the suggestion and advice I will look into that, I'm still learning how to take care of my hair and I guess this was just one of those learning experiences.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Amla powder

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09