Healthy Mascara!

cluelessclueless Registered Users Posts: 27
Hi there!
I was wondering if anyone could recommend mascara that actually has ingredients in it that are actually healthy for your lashes, and strengthens, enriches them or whatever. I really don’t have a clue what I’m looking for, so any help would be so much appreciated lovelies!
Thanks!
I'm always strong when you're beside me- Peter Cetera

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    mascara manufacturers seem to have stopped making these claims lately in favour of lengthening and thickening.

all hair is dead tissue and cannot be strengthened or enriched.

to be good to your lashes minimize your use of waterproof mascara and be gentle when removing the mascara you do wear.

you might also want to consider Kiss Me mascara - it forms tubes around your lashes, comes off quite easily, and doesn't smudge or smear.

however, it costs about 4 times as much as the average tube of Maybelline Great Lash.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    The Kiss Me Mascara is also very very weird. I don't think I've quite gotten the hang of it yet. It DOES tend to flake on me so I end up with weird little black squiggles under my eyes if I'm not pretty careful about brushing them away.
  • cluelessclueless Registered Users Posts: 27
    Oh. Hmm.
    I'm always strong when you're beside me- Peter Cetera
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    CGNYC wrote:
    The Kiss Me Mascara is also very very weird. I don't think I've quite gotten the hang of it yet. It DOES tend to flake on me so I end up with weird little black squiggles under my eyes if I'm not pretty careful about brushing them away.

Really? That's odd! I haven't had any kind of flaking.

Kiss Me Mascara is hard to get used to applying. It's also the ONLY mascara I've found I can wear with contacts, so it's worth it to me!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Registered Users Posts: 850
    NetG wrote:
    CGNYC wrote:

Really? That's odd! I haven't had any kind of flaking.

Kiss Me Mascara is hard to get used to applying. It's also the ONLY mascara I've found I can wear with contacts, so it's worth it to me!

I'm with NetG on this one. Best stuff ever, especially if you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes. On me, it doesn't flake at all. Learning curve for application is high, but once you get the hang of it, it's great!!
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • mafaldamafalda Registered Users Posts: 510
    Hi. I found this mascara from Lamas. Go to the Lamas website. Their mascara is supposed to be all natural and good for your eyelashes. I like you was on a quest to enrich my eyelashes because they are long but skimpy. A lot of the crap I found online to help strenghten lashes was made from emu or horse tissue which is a no-no whether you are a vegetarian (like me) or not. Getting back to my point. Lamas has a great, natural mascara that you might like to try. It is very light, almost a gel-like consistency. I bought it almost a year ago and still have some.
    I think it cost around $20.00. They have a lot of natural stuff that I want to try. Hope this helps. =)
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
    for anyone who wears contact lenses, i would just like to warn you AGAINST wearing any of those mascaras that come with lash primers like Revlon's Lash Fantasy.

i've heard more people say that those flake than my good old Maybelline!

:shock:
    My blog:

• MakingMyMarkMakingMyMark Registered Users Posts: 29
    I use a mascara by Beauty Without Cruelty (www.beautywithoutcruelty) and it is suprising good. My eyelashes were falling out, so I switched from Maybelline Full 'n Thick to BWC and my lashes are fine now. :-)
    katrina.gif 1c-2a F-Mii
    Password: mark
    Routine: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream, various conditioners mixed 50:50 with honey, Giovanni Vitapro Fusion
  • DollyfaceDollyface Registered Users Posts: 7
    Another good mascara that is kinda all natural is from Paul Penders. I haven't had the chance to try it yet so I can't give a review. But you can check it out at their website, www.paulpenders.com under cosmetics.

hth
  • MakingMyMarkMakingMyMark Registered Users Posts: 29
    Oops, I goofed! :oops: The mascara I use is actually Ecco Bella (www.eccobella.com), not Beauty Without Cruelty. Silly me! :lol:
    katrina.gif 1c-2a F-Mii
    Password: mark
    Routine: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream, various conditioners mixed 50:50 with honey, Giovanni Vitapro Fusion
    mmmm... Ecco Bella makes a lovely perfume that is the scent of bourbon and vanilla!

:D
    My blog:

• closetcurlyclosetcurly Registered Users Posts: 43
    Ecco Bell's perfurmes are heavenly, esp. the bourbon/vanilla. :lol:

Thanks for starting this thread. I had a bad experience with some health food store mascara once. It made me look like Tammy Faye Baker and that is *definitely* not good.

I had no idea BWC made makeup. Did you order it online or buy it at a store?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file