Curl Keeper question

McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
Corkscrew 3B

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I have used it as a gel only -- works good for me. You probably would have to use a bit more than if you were using it under something. I haven't used it in a while, but if I remember correctly, I probably use about 3 quarters worth or so and scrunch/rake it in.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    It's intended to be used alone as a styler, but you have to use quite a lot so it winds up being on the expensive side. Most people here use small amounts like a serum, under their styling products.
  • McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
    OK. Since I try to limit the number of products I use I guess that if CK is not strong enough for me it won't be my favorite product. Maybe only for really rainy-wind days when I need more hold, combined with a gel AND a leave-in (too much products... :wink: )
    Corkscrew 3B
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] by itself today and, so far, I'm having a good hair day. It looks like it really knocked the frizz back and it feels as though it does have some hold but not much. I used a medium amount of it so we'll see how it holds up throughout the day.

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • McCurlyMcCurly Posts: 200Registered Users
    memes: Do you live in a dry or humid climate ? We have here 4 seasons but the humidity rate is often high and the sun is strong for only 2 months maximum a year. So I don't know if it will be enough for me...
    Corkscrew 3B
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I live in the Sierras in California. We have 4 seasons but I would say that our humidity is generally low to moderate. It's kind of sticky and not as hot today though and my hair is still looking good....very little frizz and shinier than usual.

I also used a technique I read about yesterday.....she suggested just raking the product in and using a microfiber towel to kind of blot as though you're making a pony tail. I normally scrunch product in and then scrunch the water out and then scrunch with the microfiber towel. Today I conditioner washed, raked CK through my sopping wet hair....squeezed out as much water as possible in the shower and then used the mf towel to blot while kind of smoothing my hair down. My curls are a little less tight but they are nicely clumped and smoothish. I'm 3A with above the should length hair.

I hope this helps,

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file