CG friendly drugstore gels?

miztikkmiztikk Posts: 19Registered Users
Hello! I need some gel in a pinch for my trip, but when I get back I can maybe buy some proper gel. What gel/styling product is good for 3B/dryish hair, and CG friendly?

Thanks!

also- how fast does curlmart ship to the north east? say... new jersey? I ordered Monday, and leave Saturday night... any chance of getting the goods?
3B, with some 3C in the center <3
... learning to love the curls ....

evercreme intensive shampoo/cleansing cream
redken real control intensive renewal mask
HE hello hydration conditioner/redken all soft conditioner
devacurl arcangel/chs curl keeper

Comments

• echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    Herbal Essence - Totally Twisted, Body Envy or Set me Up are all good cheap gels. LaBella Lots o' Curls (pink) gel, Suave Liquid Gel, Aussie Sidney Smooth Tizz no Frizz, American Crew firm hold,
    Sally Beauty has Aura Hypoallergenic *currently my fave*, the generic American Crew brand.
    About Curlmart shipping, I don't know, I've never ordered from it.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    LA Looks
    3b-3c CG
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    (Stronger hold): You can get BRHG at CVS. I haven't tried the new formula yet though.

(Medium hold): Loreal Tightly Wound is really good. it's a spray but I use it like a regular gel because it's thick.

(Light hold): HE Set Me Up spray gel is surprisingly nice. I'm usually not a spray gel kind of gal but I do love this one.

I don't like the other HE gels because they contain Laureth-23 (which I don't think my skin likes that high on the ingredients list) and use Polyquats for hold (my hair generally prefers PVP and the like). A lot of other people like them though. SMU is pretty strong hold, BE is a bit lighter, and I know nothing about TT.

It's possible your CM order might make it in time but I can't say for sure because I'm nowhere near your area.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curlmart ships USPS priority. They're pretty fast.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    miztikk wrote:
    Hello! I need some gel in a pinch for my trip, but when I get back I can maybe buy some proper gel. What gel/styling product is good for 3B/dryish hair, and CG friendly?

Thanks!

also- how fast does curlmart ship to the north east? say... new jersey? I ordered Monday, and leave Saturday night... any chance of getting the goods?

I bet you will have it as I am in new england and it usually is 2 days (3 days tops) before I get my order.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm in NJ too and I've always gotten my Curlmart orders within 2-3 days, which is great because I'm SO impatient when it comes to my hair products :) .
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Yes, 2-3 days to NJ is pretty standard, so I think you will have no problem getting your order before your trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file