Blackheads

KurleeKurlee Registered Users Posts: 1,354
I have problems with blackheads (combination skin with "T-zone") and sometimes blemishes. I have tried bunch of "combination skin" products out there but it makes my skin really dry. I read in another thread that it might just be better not to use harsh soaps for combination/oily skin (making it worse?) but to use kinder stuff.

I have found this good Burt's Bees stick that works really well for blemishes. But I can't find anything that helps for blackheads.
Anyone have any good suggestions?

Jenny

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    GENTLE exfoliation is what will help most. this will keep the skin from trapping dirt below the surface.

using a cleanser like Cetaphil is a good idea because it softens the skin more than soaps do and that helps impurities work their way to the surface too.

don't use an abrasive product - ie. apricot scrubs.

i've never had much luck with Biore strips, but you might want to give them a try.

you might want to consider an extracting facial once in a while too.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • lushaholiclushaholic Registered Users Posts: 2,180
    I agree with the cetaphil, that's what I use about once or twice a week. I mix mine with a drop of jojoba oil, but you would probably want to skip that step. I also use one of those small,soft, round meshy pads (found at wal-mart for example and not the scratchy kind) and just put a couple of drops of whatever cleanser i'm using on it. I use tea tree oil for any trouble spots, not all over, but just to dry out any bad spots.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • britt_dancing_girlbritt_dancing_girl Registered Users Posts: 34
    i love biore pore strips, they really got a lot of the dirt stuff out of my face, u can see it on the strip after peeling it off. I found they really worked for me. Give them a try atleast. some people find they dont work for them, other such as myslef love them... cant hurt to try!
    Britt - Type 3A curly hair
  • KurleeKurlee Registered Users Posts: 1,354
    I have tried the stips but they don't do much for me. :(

I have never heard of cetaphil. What is that?

Any brand of tea tree oil you can recommend?

Thanks for the replies too! :D

Jenny

• britt_dancing_girlbritt_dancing_girl Registered Users Posts: 34
    i use a really good te tree oil facial moisturizer. The brand is Atmosphere. they also have a facial wash, but i din't find it did much. But there moisturizer is really good!
    Britt - Type 3A curly hair
    Kurlee, I think any brand of tea tree oil from the health/whole food stores would work fine. I forget which brand I have, but I'll try to remember and look. Also, Cetaphil can be found at any drug store (probably the same one where you got your Burt's Bees stuff!) or Wal-mart type stores. I have the one with the pump on it, I think they have Cetaphil lotions too.
    It was another thing I picked up in the States, because I knew they didn't carry it in Swe-land. :wink: Many dermatologists recommend it!
    Ok, I checked and the brand was 'Aura Cacia', but that just happened to be one of the brands they carried and I bought the cheapest one. :wink:
  • KurleeKurlee Registered Users Posts: 1,354
    Thanks! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file