SUCCESS!!!!

rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
I think I've found my hg products!

Dh had his fingers in my ponytail and made the comment "OOOH Soft......." He never NEVER comments like that! So I know I've had success! So here's what is working...

1. CO with Sally's Cure Care unscented conditioner mixed with 3 drops of tea tree oil diluted in an applicator bottle left on a few mins. then rinsed well

2. Second conditioning with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Jessicurl Aloeba conditioner[/buylink] (following protein with moisture keeps me from getting crunchy ends) rinsed out

3. Distilled water final rinse

4. Oils....shea butter, jojoba mixed with aloe vera gel on very damp hair or neat on ends at night, sweet almond oil

5. Sleeping on a satin pillowcase

6. Finger combing only and only when dry

7. Microtrims and clarifying treatments as needed

Things I want to try....right now the main thing is Sweet Success hair oil. It's on ebay. I told dh about it and he said, "You want your hair THICKER than it is?!?" I said no, but I want to keep what I've got and I've been shedding more.

YAY FOR FINDING MY RIGHT STUFF!
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• MaureneMaurene Registered Users Posts: 69
    Good for you!!

Do you notice a big difference with the distilled water rinse? Do you buy distilled water or make your own (like through boiling)?

I have really, really hard water at my house but I'm too lazy to use distilled water unless I know it'll make a big difference.

Do you use any gel for hold?
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    Hi Maureen, on a daily basis I don't use any products, except every other day I use jojoba oil mixed in aloe vera gel, but that's more for conditioning/softening my ends. I did notice a big difference in the distilled water rinses. I also have very hard water. I buy gallons at my local walmart for 64 cents each, and right now for myself and my daughter I can get away with 1. :)
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChynnaBlueChynnaBlue Registered Users Posts: 17
    Have you tried a water filter to attach to the shower, itself? I know that Jonathan guys sells one at Sephora, but it's a rip off. You can get one that needs to be replaced about once a year at Home Depot for under $30. I used to have one of those. Now I have one I picked up at Whole Foods that has a cartridge I replace every 6 months. (More often is recommended if you have more people using the shower, I think) It's more expensive, but I like that I just replace the cartridge and not the whole unit.

I don't know what difference it's made on my waves, since I've been using one for 10 years now, and my hair didn't used to be as wavy/curly as it is now.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    Thanks Chynablue...I've read about those but have heard mixed reviews on them. Thanks again!
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file