WAY TMI but I gotta ask ... not for the queasy

cajuncurlscajuncurls Registered Users Posts: 270
OK so the last few days i've noticed my vaginal discharge has increased significantly ... it still looks normal and all, there's just more of it. And the other night when my fiance and i were fooling around, well ... let's just say I told him no more until baby's born. WHAT THE HECK IS UP??? I feel like I've sprung a leak! :oops:
Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
- Eagles

age.png

age.png

Comments

• puffinpuffin Registered Users Posts: 205
    Totally normal. I had to wear pantyliners everyday for like the last month. I remember after I would stand up and start walking around after sitting for awhile at work, I could actually feel myself leaking. Kind of uncomfortable, but get used to it, I guess. :lol:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    That's normal. The cervix really ups it's production of mucus during pregnancy, and it really gets going during the last few weeks. That's how the vagina cleans itself. Just wear a pantyliner to keep your clothes a bit drier. Sex is still OK, right up til the end, as long as you feel up to it. You will generally know when the water bag breaks..it's really copious, and usually clearer and thinner than normal discharge, although it can have flecks of white in it.
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    Normal. I've had that throughout the pregnancy (if there's more in the last few weeks, I can't imagine how that will be!)
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    From what I hear it's normal, but I'm not looking forward to it. Jenny McCarthy's "Belly Laughs" has a chapter on this topic, entitled "Niagara Falls." :lol:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • cajuncurlscajuncurls Registered Users Posts: 270
    Well the stuff that ruined our fabulous little escapade looked like ... no other way to say it, snot. It was the consistency of snot. I freaked out so bad when I saw it I poked my fiance dead in the eye with my prenatal thumbnail and the fun was over.
    I'm taking three showers a day at this point!
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    Could it have been part of your mucus plug?
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    DarkAngel wrote:
    That's what I was thinking.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • puffinpuffin Registered Users Posts: 205
    DarkAngel wrote:

Yeah, if it was thick, sounds like it may be.
    puffin wrote:
    DarkAngel wrote:

Yeah, if it was thick, sounds like it may be.

Even if it was a mucus plug, it's still not a big deal. All it means is that there may be some cervical activity, which is still very normal in the last month of pregnancy. The body will make a new plug within 24 hours. Sex can continue if she wants.
  • rainshowerrainshower Registered Users Posts: 4,420
    i was moist with my first pregnancy, but i was WET throughout my entire 2nd pregnancy. so much so that i needed to wear panty liners for absorbancy.

plus, i thought that i was emitting an odor down there. yes, i made my husband put his head down there to smell it (he gladly obliged), and yes, i requested that my ob put her head down there to smell it (i can't believe she actually took a whiff! :lol::lol::lol: ). no one smelled anything but me. it wasn't funky, just an odor that i was very aware of. my sense of smell has been extremely heightened since my first pregnancy, and hasn't gone away.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
    Thanks, everyone. Just came from dr, it is normal, just a gross indication of cervical change. I'm thinning out and 2 cm dilated.
    My girl was beautiful on the u/s, just over 6 pounds. He says my uterus will be mine again within the next 2 weeks! WOO HOO!
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
    cajuncurls wrote:
    Thanks, everyone. Just came from dr, it is normal, just a gross indication of cervical change. I'm thinning out and 2 cm dilated.
    My girl was beautiful on the u/s, just over 6 pounds. He says my uterus will be mine again within the next 2 weeks! WOO HOO!

How does he know that? You got a crystal ball down there?
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    cajuncurls wrote:

:lol:

I was wondering too...
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    medussa wrote:
    cajuncurls wrote:

:lol:

I was wondering too...

Yeah sorry to say, cajun curls, but your doctor has no way of knowing that. Even if he ends up being right, it's just by chance. Same with what your baby will weigh. The margin of error on those two things is so high that I don't know why they even bother telling you what they think the baby will weigh or when it will come.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    I can't believe how close you are to delivering!
    Seems like you just told us you were pregnant.:)

btw-my dr told me that -I only had x amount of time left,and he was always wrong,even though I was early every time.
    It got my hopes up every time!
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • rainshowerrainshower Registered Users Posts: 4,420
    there's nothing wrong with being excited about your doctor's predictions about your impending birth. i'm excited for you. :D

but i will share that my doctor told me at 38 weeks that our baby was probably about 6 lb and some odd ounces and would probably end up in the same 7 lb weight range as our first baby. WRONG! our princess busted out as a whopping 9+ pounder, over 22.5 inches long, and wearing size 3-6 month clothing! ha! how's that for one's predictions being off? :lol::lol::lol:

and if you are curious, she's not 5 yet and is taller than most of the first-graders at my son's school! tee hee!
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
    I know, i know. He also told me my first would be 5 pounds and she was 8. But I can only hope and pray she only stays in another 2 weeks.
    After the exam yesterday I started spotting and had horrible cramps all night. I felt OK before the dr visit but I'm not doing too well since. I'm very very sore down there and I even threw up this morning. Can this pregnancy be much worse???
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • CurleeDSTCurleeDST Registered Users Posts: 467
    stock up on those panytliners. Totally natural and I had to wear pantyliners daily.
    I am a 3c/4a with medium/fine strands
    No strict haircare regimen - trying my hand at the Curly Girl Method.

Fitness Blog: http://femmefitalefitclub.com/
    Check out the Femme Fitale Facebook page: facebook.com/FemmeFitaleFitness

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file