Need product recs

AnotherSunnyDayAnotherSunnyDay Posts: 94Registered Users
I have wavy hair that is prone to frizz, wimpy-ness, not getting very wavy in the back (except UNDER the top layer of hair..wth:P), etc.

I'm looking for ideas on how to improve my routine plus what products to add/replace my old one's.

Right now I wash my hair in the morning (CO wash with Suave Tropical Coconut most days a week because I have to get it wet to style it but sometimes I'll do a ponytail for 2nd day hair) get out and put in Garnier sleek and shine leave in. Then put in Herbal Essences Body Envy gel. Plop for 5-10 min with a microfiber turban. Take down, finger part gently, go.

I'll try any change to my routine EXCEPT using a dryer/diffuser.. I don't heat style, too lazy =P

The types of products I've been considering are leave in conditioners, curl cremes, mousses, spray gels, and regular gels.

I might stick with Garnier and try the Curl n Shine leave in because it's supposedly more curl enhancing.. other than that, I have no ideas..

thanks!!

Comments

• MaureneMaurene Posts: 69Registered Users
    I was using the Garnier Sleek & Shine for awhile before trying to go curly but I found it wasn't working as well in the summer (regarding frizz and shine). Is it considered CG? I'm guessing its not.

You might try one of the other Herbal Essences gels specifically for curly hair like Totally Twisted.

I don't know if you want to limit yourself to drug store brands, but I've been experimenting with a couple of lines. I bought the travel/trial packs for Jessicurl, Mop Top, and Deva Curl. Its expensive but I'd rather try the trial sizes then have full bottles go to waste if i don't like the product.

I don't really have a set opinion yet on most of the products I've tried. But so far I think the Mop Top gives me the softest hair but less curls. I think the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets[/buylink] really works to enhance curl. I'm liking all the conditioners but my hair really drank up the Deva Curl One C this morning (it felt really nice). None of the gels are really standing out except that I don't get any crunch with the Mop Top but then I also hardly get any hold. I think overall, the Jessicurl products give me more shine. I think they have more natural oils in them.
  • ACHACH Posts: 245Registered Users
    You might really like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] if you haven't tried it. I just started using it - in 60% humidity - and it is great. I use HE Body Envy gel with it and get nice summer hair to go.
    Amy
    2b/3a-ish at times
    http://public.fotki.com/AHopewell1/hair/
    PW hair

Currently using
    Jessicurl HCC
    Aloeba
    CK
    AG Liquid Effects

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji