Hi! About me and My hair and the products I use...

ImanelleImanelle Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi Curly Girls!

My name is Iman, I am a 22 Y/O curly girl, which coarse curly hair which stands out as opposed to hanging down. Most days I put it back into a bun :roll:

I get tons of compliments when I wear my hair out in kind of a curly afro, but I'm not always comfortable with it...

I used to have relaxed hair, and now that my hair is natural, I LOVE IT, but I'm not always ready to go out in public with my hair, as it doesn't look especially kempt much of the time.

I know so much of maintian curly hair is the products we use.

I've been using Ojon Ultra Hydrating shampoo, Deva Curl One Condition, and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]Deva Angell[/buylink], but after two days the gorgeous shiny defined curls give way to a tangled mess!

I have an appointement to get a non-chemical silkener which is supposed to elongate my curl pattern. It is essentially a mineral treatment. I had been thinking of going to Miss Jessie's Salon in Brooklyn to get their chemical treatment silkener, but it's a bit scary b/c it's permanent, and it's sooo expensive ($350+).

What I truely want my curls to do is flow a bit more. I know I'll never have silky curls, because it isn't my texture, but if they could bounce, hang down a bit more and be shiny... well, I'd be so happy!
Products I like:

Aveda's Be Curly Curl Enchancing Lotion
    Kerastase Bain Elasto-Curl Hydrating Shampoo
    Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk Leave in Conditioner
(haven't tried anything else)
Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo, and I like to use the Ojon intensive condition after I've straightened my hair, but it's way too hard to get it through my hair otherwise

Products I don't like are:

Kiehl's Styling Creme with Silk Groom

I found it didn't do anything for my hair, whatsoever! Hairdressers swear by it, but it didn't work for my hair type.

I'm looking forward to participating in this community, and hope I have some good info to share with you all. :P

xxx

Iman

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file