L'Oreal MircroDermabrasion Kit

fuzzygurlfuzzygurl Registered Users Posts: 21
Has anyone tried this yet? and with what results? i have some problematic areas, large pores, a few acne scars on my chin and recurrent breakouts in the same areas. I was wondering how much help this kit offers. Hubby also has some problems with ingrown hairs and was thinking this might help him as well. I'm looking for something effective but not overly expensive.

Thanks in advance!
God gave me curly hair, man gave me the products to tame it; but I gave myself the courage to wear it.
_______
3b/3a, 2c at crown/underlayer and 3c temples

Comments

• chrisnj0614chrisnj0614 Registered Users Posts: 30
    I was wondering the same thing last night. I saw the commercial yesterday and saw that it was only $30. I looked up the ingredients and saw that it has shea butter in it...which makes me break out :(
    There goes that idea.
    Type 2C/3A, Medium texture and I have a ton of it, long hair, brunette, flat crown.
    Modified CG'er since August 2004
  • fuzzygurlfuzzygurl Registered Users Posts: 21
    I am wondering if it's too moisturizing; some reviews said the protective moisturizer was too oily. Anyway, you can get a $3 off coupon at
    http://www.lorealparisusa.com/
    Click on the (Refinish) second icon on the right and it opens a new window. The coupon is one of the main reasons i'm considering it.
    God gave me curly hair, man gave me the products to tame it; but I gave myself the courage to wear it.
    _______
    3b/3a, 2c at crown/underlayer and 3c temples
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I have it but I've only used it once. My skin is normally very sensitive but I didn't have any breaking out or redness. The moisturizer is not heavy AT ALL. My skin just sucked it up and it left a matte finish. As I said, I've only used it once and I didn't have any bad reactions, but I didn't really notice a huge difference. I exfoliate almost daily in the shower (might skip a day every now and them) with Clarins (and occasionally Lush's Ocean Salt because I like the smell, but it's pretty aggressive) so maybe that's why this didn't seem to do anything big for me. I have large pores that tend to get gunky and I'm always trying to minimize the appearance so...maybe as I continue to use this I'll see more effects.
  • candycakecandycake Registered Users Posts: 10
    I use neutregena advanced facial peel.It makes my face look so smooth and makeup goes on perfectly afterwards. It also lightens my old acne scars. i hope they never quit making it.
    3C Just got the BC. Went from 4 inches past shoulders to about 2 inches. love it!!
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    Anyone interested in peels or microdermabrasion should try this:

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/lactic55.htm

It has made a huge difference in my acne scars. Last night I used the TCA 12.5% peel. My skin feels tight today and I can't wait till next week to see the results.

The Lactic Acid Peels do not actually make the skin peel off, but it really makes a difference. I've been using it twice a week for 5 or 6 weeks and even my hair stylist noticed that my skin looks better.
  • Lucky06Lucky06 Registered Users Posts: 31
    sdcurly...I've been really wanting to try those lactic acid peels.
    Did you find them harsh and easy to use? What percentage would make a difference?
    I'm really trying to fade some old red acne marks...would this help with continued use? Thanks!
    2b/2c - lots of hair, very thick and wavy/curly
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    Very easy to use and not harsh. It tingles when it is on the skin, but your skin does not actually peel off. I've been using the 55% and have been very happy with the results. I highly recommend it. I bought the 1/2 oz. for $20 and it comes with PH Prep Solution and Green Tea Soap. I still have a little more than half of the acid left, but I did have to buy another bottle of the prep solution.
  • CherishCherish Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    BUMP
  • sandradeesandradee Registered Users Posts: 55
    I haven't tried the L'Oreal microdermabrasion. I almost bought it, but didn't. I'm curious to see how well it works compared the the Dr. Brandtsmicrodermabrasion. If it worked better I might switch. I like the Dr. Brandts so much though. I haven't had any problems with it and I'm always worried about having new facial issues on top of all the acne I've had through the years.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file