CurlTalk

A product junkie's nightmare....

miacurlmiacurl Posts: 332Registered Users
Last week, my younger son was sick with strep throat. He woke up puking and sacrificing the bed linens, etc. :?

As DH and I were cleaning up his bedroom, etc. I had gloves on and had some cleaning fluids out. I told DH to put some gloves on so as not to contaminate himself. He goes into the LINEN CLOSET to look for some....and he looks, and looks, he moved shampoo, conditioner, more conditioner, mousse, gel, liter bottles of DevaCurl products, more gel, GF leave-ins, more and more stuff.......I was so ashamed. He could not find any gloves, but he found my stash of shame. He did not say a word, but the look on his face was---You've got a problem. :?

Has anyone else been "Found out" like that??
2C/3A auburn hair.
between shoulders and BSL

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

My stash is under the sink, and DH is scared to go down there. Whenever he's looking for something and I tell him it's under the bathroom sink, he gives me this look and says, "You get it!" :lol:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have a stash in the linen closet and my BF periodically gets --overwrought, shall we say.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    We have double sinks now which means we each have our own cabinet under the sinks with a wall between them!!! Thank goodness. So far since we have moved there has been no reason for him to go into the 'dark' side. Once I did have quite an accumulation in the shower and he did mention that I had 6 hair products in the shower (I usually put them in the shower and take them out when I am done - I must have forgot :oops: )
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    My SO installed a new cabinet because I have under the sink full and every extra square inch in the linen closet. He said I need less products, I said I needed more space 8) .
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    My sister is visiting and I keep telling her to try out everything in my product graveyard and take home as much as she wants! :lol:
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    :lol: :lol: I live in fear of being 'discovered' by my husband. I have products stashed under each of the two bathrooms sinks, in the linen closet and in one of my dresser drawers! :oops: :lol:
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdcreigh%2F" class="Popup
    PW: natural
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    kdcreigh wrote:
    :lol: :lol: I live in fear of being 'discovered' by my husband. I have products stashed under each of the two bathrooms sinks, in the linen closet and in one of my dresser drawers! :oops: :lol:

What -- he never goes to those places? :lol: I bet he knows already.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • miacurlmiacurl Posts: 332Registered Users
    Ahhh, so we share the same shame......I feel much better! :D
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    I have found myself calling out "I'll get it for you, honey" so he doesn't go looking for toothpaste, etc., in the closet and notice all my hair stuff!
    What -- he never goes to those places? :lol: I bet he knows already.

Yes, he goes under the sink in our bathroom and in the linen closet, so he knows about some of my stash. He doesn't go under the sink in the guest bathroom (that's where the cleaning supplies are) or in my dresser. He doesn't know the full extent of my obsession! :shock: :lol:
    YES WE CAN!

SuZenGuide wrote:
    I have found myself calling out "I'll get it for you, honey" so he doesn't go looking for toothpaste, etc., in the closet and notice all my hair stuff!

:shock: OMG :shock:

I do that too!
    2C/3A auburn hair.
  • firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
    I'm just starting on my pj (previously it was just big things of OneC and NoPoo taking up space), so I think FH still thinks it's kind of cute in an eye rolling way.

My shoe collection, however....is 40 shoes normal?
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
    firelily wrote:
    I'm just starting on my pj (previously it was just big things of OneC and NoPoo taking up space), so I think FH still thinks it's kind of cute in an eye rolling way.

You only have 40 pairs? You're just starting out! :lol:
    YES WE CAN!

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    I'm constantly rearranging and rotating stuff around in the hopes that my hubby won't truly realize how much crap I have! He has commented that he's never seen anybody have so many conditioners before. Huh, if only that's all it was! He should see the stash of styling products I keep hidden in the plastic bin in the back of the closet! :)
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • IsolindeIsolinde Posts: 32Registered Users
    Mine discovered me because he opened my credit card bill once, with the intention of paying it... oops.

Honey, what are all these charges at CVS?
  • firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
    kdcreigh wrote:
    firelily wrote:

You only have 40 pairs? You're just starting out! :lol:

Hee! I thought so. FH seems to think it's unnecessary. I tell him I wouldn't look as cute without them all. :lol:
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
    I also stash the boxes from the mail or the UPS in the basement til I have a chance to unpack it in PRIVATE. :lol:
    2C/3A auburn hair.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    miacurl wrote:
    I also stash the boxes from the mail or the UPS in the basement til I have a chance to unpack it in PRIVATE. :lol:

I thought I was the only private unpacker. :D
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    I got another package in the mail last night. Here's the conversation:

SO: (Looking at the box) Now what did you get?
    Me: 2 brushes.
    SO: What are brushes?
    Me: You know, hair brushes.
    SO: You ordered brushes? You can't just buy them at Wal Mart?
    Me: Not these brushes.
    SO: Oh......there special brushes 8)
    Me: Derrrrrrrr :roll:
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    I do the same but emphasize to my DH that many items were obtained through swaps so no actual money exchanged hands. In fact, sometimes money did, but it was from my paypal balance.

You know, as therapy, we should all go thru our stashes and weed out the graveyard items and post them on the swap board. It's been kinda slow over there, and I'm starting to see why. :wink:
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • OctoberBaby02OctoberBaby02 Posts: 105Registered Users
    My boyfriend knows about my obsession and actually supports it! lol. He doesn't mind when I spend money on hair stuff. Actually if I go a few days without buying anything he'll say something like, "don't you want some things for your hair?". He's a total keeper! :wink:
    |~*~Carly~*~ |24 yrs old|Type 2C hair|
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    My husband has never said a thing about my "addiction" because I told him all this was his fault for encouraging me to let my hair go natural which led me to google which led me to nc.com :lol:. So, not only does just smile when I buy something (or get something off the swap board), he has now begun helping me weed through all my stuff helping me use up gels :wink: . I also told him "going natural" costs money!!

Honestly, he's great about it and never says a word about all the stuff in the closet, the shower or under my sink (we have separate sinks and cabinets, thank goodness!). He only gets the evil eye if he reaches for one of my HG products :lol: .
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,675Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    My SO knows better than to say anything. He has a 4x4 obsession which is considerably more expensive than my hair obsession.
    I had two parcels arrive this morning just as the boys were off to school. The oldest asked what it was, I said hair stuff, he said (whilst rolling his eyes) oh, what a surprise. I then found myself trying to justify to a 12 yr old why I needed it! Not good.
    3b in South Australia.
    OMG--it is just a nightmare when 2 orders arrive on the same day and DH is home PLUS he walks out to the UPS guy's truck to take the packages from him. Argh!!

At least, now, my UPS guy does not announce who sent the package. I used to hear, "Package from (fill in the blank)" How freakin' embarrassing is that when he says "Jessicurl", "Sephora" "Curls" etc. etc. ha ha! :lol:
    2C/3A auburn hair.
  • csbcsb Posts: 225Registered Users
    Whie we're venting, does anyone periodically clean out their stash (through swap or otherwise), intent on sticking with ONE routine, only to buy some of the tossed products again? I usually do that when someone on this board says that some given routine is really doing amazing things for them (often CG), so I try again, and buy all the Deva stuff again. And I justify it by thinking of some variation I didn't try the last time. Then I end up tossing out the same pile. I really think there's something wrong with me...
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    csb wrote:
    Whie we're venting, does anyone periodically clean out their stash (through swap or otherwise), intent on sticking with ONE routine, only to buy some of the tossed products again? I usually do that when someone on this board says that some given routine is really doing amazing things for them (often CG), so I try again, and buy all the Deva stuff again. And I justify it by thinking of some variation I didn't try the last time. Then I end up tossing out the same pile. I really think there's something wrong with me...

Guilty :roll: :lol: !
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • nimbex.nimbex. Posts: 38Registered Users
    I had a date with this new guy, he came to my house to watch a movie. I am getting everything cleaned up beforehand and I look in my cupboard in the bathroom. I was ashamed of all of my crap and I was like "no way can he see all this." I grabbed one of my (many) shopping bags and cleared it all out and into my closet, too funny.

I still buy more though, I just accept it is what I like...it's not like it is cigarettes :)

Jennifer
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
    Bailey422 wrote:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

My stash is under the sink, and DH is scared to go down there. Whenever he's looking for something and I tell him it's under the bathroom sink, he gives me this look and says, "You get it!" :lol:

This made me laugh. My husband won't get under my sink either! I do clear out things on occasion, but something new comes along, I buy it and there is just more "product buildup" (and I don't mean on my hair!).
    3b/c
    csb wrote:

OMGosh csb--I thought I was, yet again, the only one with this problem! Now I keep an empty shoe box and put my "frustrated product inventory" in there. If I go through 2 seasons and still am frustrated, I chuck it. If I know for sure that I hate a product, I will swap it right away--or chuck it right away--or take it back. Whichever works better.
    2C/3A auburn hair.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    csb wrote:

One routine? That's like one sex position :roll: Only product I rejected and now I'm re-evaluating is Devacurl OneC. When I'm on the fence about a product it takes me quite a while to let it go.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.