CG approved products

miztikkmiztikk Posts: 19Registered Users
Hello, I'm new to the boards and to the CG routine. I ordered the Curly Girl book, and it should be on its way! Is there a running list of which products make the grade in terms of sulfate free or silicone free? I know most drugstrore brands are out, but what about other products on the curlmart store? I just ordered some mixed chicks products and I am wondering if they are alright.

Thanks for the help!

-Taylor (ps. I'm a 3b hair, if that means anything.)
3B, with some 3C in the center <3
... learning to love the curls ....

evercreme intensive shampoo/cleansing cream
redken real control intensive renewal mask
HE hello hydration conditioner/redken all soft conditioner
devacurl arcangel/chs curl keeper

Comments

• DitdahDitdah Posts: 151Registered Users
    If you do want to use drugstore products, there are some avaliable. Most of the VO5 conditioners, most of the Herbal Essence gels, most (all?) of the LA Looks gels, some of the Aussie products... You just have to read the ingredients. Avoid anything that ends in -cone or -xane.

Welcome!
    2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
    Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
    Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
    PW: hair
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • jujucabanajujucabana Posts: 153Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote:
    that site is great! thanx a milliion!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    jujucabana wrote:
    xcptnl wrote:
    that site is great! thanx a milliion!

Thanks to Sweetpeacurli!!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • stelarcurlsstelarcurls Posts: 3Registered Users
    I'm on my 10th day of CG and my has never looked better but I did not notice a really significant difference until the 7th day. I'm a little overwhelmed by all the information right now, and I decided I'd keep it really simple, and that's working for me.

I went to the dollar store and stocked up on VO5 moisture milk conditioners and LA Looks Sport gel. I bought some lemon juice and apple cider vinnegar for clarifying (which I've felt I needed to do once). I've done 2 brown sugar scrubs so far with great success. I've done the olive oil /conditioning treatment once and rinsed with the vinnegar, lemon juice, and conditioner mixture also with great succes. I like this simple routine, and it's making the transition easy for me.

I did try "plopping" today for the first time using a tee shirt and was really amazed at the results.

So, VO5 condish, LA Looks Sport gel, vinnegar, lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar, and you're good to go! Good Luck! :P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file