RAVE for B2B Jasmine Cond. for Curly/Wavy Hair!!!

solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
I have heard a bunch about B2B Pom and I tried it and ended up giving it away since it did nothing for my hair. I had a $10 coupon to a local BSS burning a hole in my pocket. I fully intended to use in on Joico Whip or B2B Coconut Mango, but then I spied the B2B Jasmine Conditioner in the Flamingo Pink bottle and became intrigued.

I've never even heard of it, but for $1.08, I was ready to splurge :) !! I used this overnight and had really nice, bouncy curls today. I applied Noodlehead and HE SMU on top and got great definition and no frizz. This is especially wonderful since it has been soooo unseasonably rainy and humid here lately :evil: :evil: I have much better curls from this than the B2B Pom and is as moisturizing to me. I usally have to choose between bounce and shine and today I have both!!

I also loved the pleasant floral scent.

The only negative is the horrid bottle :evil: :evil: :evil: . This conditioner is thick and awkward to squeeze out of the small orifice. Dunno who redesigned the B2B bottles but they deserve to be thumped in the head!!

Otherwise I'm happy yet surprised to not read more raves about this. A great product for the summer!!!
3C, BSL Unstretched -

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have to take the cap off to get any of the product out - so darn annoying!

I had Noodlehead in the past but found it made my hair feel very producty - you dont get that??? Maybe it's because my hair is fine - I wanted to like it though!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote:

I had Noodlehead in the past but found it made my hair feel very producty - you dont get that??? Maybe it's because my hair is fine - I wanted to like it though!

Interesting - I have very thick 3C hair - the Noodlehead is just right for me when applied to very wet hair. It only feels producty to me if I apply it to dry hair.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    solange wrote:
    xcptnl wrote:

Interesting - I have very thick 3C hair - the Noodlehead is just right for me when applied to very wet hair. It only feels producty to me if I apply it to dry hair.

It must be the fine/thick hair thing. I have to be careful with products because they can make my hair look dirty which is never a good look - curly or straight :(
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    I bought a bottle of this last week. Can't wait to try it! :) It smells sooooo good!
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    I have 2b/3a hair and find that my hair looks so much better if I stick to products that are designed specifically for curly hair like the B2B Jasmine. Since being modified CG for almost a year my hair is pretty healthy so I just need curl enhancement.

By using this condish and a curl creme like Boots I don't need a gel at all.

And I totally agree on those stupid bottles - what were they thinking? :shock:
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • Kurly_KateKurly_Kate Posts: 33Registered Users
    I have a bottle of the B2B Pom, but it dries my hair out so badly I can't use it. I may have to try this one and see if I have any more luck. I also agree about the thickness of the product and the cap. Someone didn't think it through. :wink:
    Loooong time lurker finially coming out of the closet!

Modified CG week number 4 now with fantastic results.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kurly_Kate wrote:
    I have a bottle of the B2B Pom, but it dries my hair out so badly I can't use it. I may have to try this one and see if I have any more luck. I also agree about the thickness of the product and the cap. Someone didn't think it through. :wink:

Although it was very moisturizing at first, B2B Pom also seemed to dry my hair out after a while :? . I'm interested in the Jasmine. Is it CG? or does it have protein?
    Thanks! :)
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    Do you think the drying out had anything to do with the isopropyl alcohol in new Pom formula? It's in the Jasmine one too. For some reason B2B has put isopropyl alcohol, denatured alcohol or both in all of their new formulas. :?

• Kurly_KateKurly_Kate Posts: 33Registered Users
    It very well could be. I'm really new to all of this, I've only been doing it for about 2 months. I thought maybe protein? But then I did fine with other protein heavy products. The only things I have used that cause the dryness is the B2B and the Joiwhip (which I think also has alcohol in it?). If this is the cause, thank you so much for helping me figure it out!! I may just stay away from the B2B condishes.
    Loooong time lurker finially coming out of the closet!

Modified CG week number 4 now with fantastic results.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think I have the old formula of the Pom because I don't see any iso. alcohol in the ingredients. I don't think Joiwhip has alcohol in it either.
    Maybe it is protein which Joiwhip has but I don't see any protein in the Pom condish either. Or maybe I'm missing it.
    Hmmm? I don't know what it is but after I use it for a few days I get frizzy hair. I know my hair doesn't like prop. glycol too high up on the list and it's way up there in this condish. Aaah, who knows? :?
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    Kurly_Kate wrote:
    It very well could be. I'm really new to all of this, I've only been doing it for about 2 months. I thought maybe protein? But then I did fine with other protein heavy products. The only things I have used that cause the dryness is the B2B and the Joiwhip (which I think also has alcohol in it?). If this is the cause, thank you so much for helping me figure it out!! I may just stay away from the B2B condishes.

There isn't any protein in the Pom Co.
    Joiwhip is protein heavy (keratin) but does not contain alcohol. Some people find the propellants used in mousses to be drying (butane, etc) as well.

Magoo wrote:
    I think I have the old formula of the Pom because I don't see any iso. alcohol in the ingredients. I don't think Joiwhip has alcohol in it either.
    Maybe it is protein which Joiwhip has but I don't see any protein in the Pom condish either. Or maybe I'm missing it.
    Hmmm? I don't know what it is but after I use it for a few days I get frizzy hair. I know my hair doesn't like prop. glycol too high up on the list and it's way up there in this condish. Aaah, who knows? :?

What does your bottle look like?

Wait, here are the ingredients:

NEW:
    water, propylene glycol, myristyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetrimonium chloride, isopropyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, decyl oleate, methylparaben, propylparaben, limonene, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, geraniol, sodium hydroxide, panthenol, butylene glycol, prunus persica (peach) fruit extract, punica granatum extract, hibiscus sabdariffa flower extract, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.

OLD:
    Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Acohol, Certrimonium Chloride, Chitosan PCA, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Pathenol, Decyl Oleate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum)

Here's the list for the new Jasmine Co:
    Water (Eau), Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfume (Fragrance), Decyl Oleate, Methylparaben, Diazolidnyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Limonene, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Jasminum Officinale Flower Extract (Jasmin), Bisabolol

Does have the Isopropyl Alcohol but no proteins.

• cmartin1cmartin1 Posts: 152Registered Users
    I have heard a bunch about B2B Pom and I tried it and ended up giving it away since it did nothing for my hair. I had a $10 coupon to a local BSS burning a hole in my pocket. I fully intended to use in on Joico Whip or B2B Coconut Mango, but then I spied the B2B Jasmine Conditioner in the Flamingo Pink bottle and became intrigued.

I've never even heard of it, but for $1.08, I was ready to splurge :) !! I used this overnight and had really nice, bouncy curls today. I applied Noodlehead and HE SMU on top and got great definition and no frizz. This is especially wonderful since it has been soooo unseasonably rainy and humid here lately :evil: :evil: I have much better curls from this than the B2B Pom and is as moisturizing to me. I usally have to choose between bounce and shine and today I have both!!

Solange -

Please tell me more about this stuff! Are you still getting great results, consistently? My PJ is already daydreaming about purchasing this product this Friday :!:

I have had problems with B2B Pom condish too - it weighs down/pulls out my curls almost completely. It moisturizes, but losing my curls is too high a price.
    Well, I tried the new Jasmine Co for the first time today.
    It detangled well. Smells wonderful. Very thick consistency and distributed really well. Nothing impressive out of the shower though. I don't feel as moisturized as I expected and my hair almost feels a tad dirty.
    It didn't knock my socks off but I'm going to do more experimenting before I make any decisions. I used a gel I haven't used in a couple months so I'll be trying it again with the products I've been using lately. I've been taking a lot of product experiment pictures lately so I'll try this with the other products and take pictures for comparison. :)
    Sure does smell good!

*update*
    Ok, I've had a few hours to let it sink in and what not. I ended up putting my hair up in a clippie, partially because I was a bit warm and partially because the slightly dirty feeling was getting to me (I'm already breaking out, I don't need to risk helping it along).
    I took it down to investigate and while it definitely doesn't feel like freshly washed hair, it does smell good and I have decent volume. Unfortunately, most of that volume is in the length. My roots aren't totally flat though, so it definitely doesn't look as icky as it feels.
    I attempted a couple pictures but can't get them off the camera tonight so I'm not sure how they turned out yet.
    Ended up putting it back up afterward. We'll see how it's doing in the morning. Luckily I don't give two craps what my hair looks like while I'm doing ever-so-exciting cost of production summaries. :P Hey, maybe this is a good time to attempt pineappling again.

• JulieQJulieQ Posts: 46Registered Users
    I tried this for the first time morning actually, my hair is still drying so we'll see. it does detangle really nice and also smells great. i paired it with my new bottle of KMS curls up and some graham webb gel. if i have bad hair today I plan on blamming it on the KMS since i also just starting using this and i am not really impressed yet.
    Thick Strawberry Blonde - Some Sort of 2...
    Modified CG Routine Since 4/07, Using: MOP C Re:Coil, Angell, GW Gel (for the moment)
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    cmartin1 wrote:

Solange -

Please tell me more about this stuff! Are you still getting great results, consistently? My PJ is already daydreaming about purchasing this product this Friday :!:

I have had problems with B2B Pom condish too - it weighs down/pulls out my curls almost completely. It moisturizes, but losing my curls is too high a price.

I've been very lazy this week; I normally wash every other day but it has been raining a bunch down here in TX so I haven't washed since Sunday night :oops: :oops:

My hair still looks and feels good, even through all the rain and humidity.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • deliriadeliria Posts: 35Registered Users
    What is BSS?
    2b
    deliria wrote:
    What is BSS?

Beauty Supply Stoire, I believe