Any skin firming (anti cellulite) recipes or ingredients?

long_n_curlylong_n_curly Registered Users Posts: 300
Hi does anyone have any natural products/ingredients they use for firming skin on backs of thighs? Would shea butter help?
Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
Finally grew out my bad layers!!!

Comments

• long_n_curlylong_n_curly Registered Users Posts: 300
    Thanks a million!
  • jujucabanajujucabana Registered Users Posts: 153
    also try this. i just started getting cellulite around 6 months ago, and i didnt know what to do, i thought i would just ignore it and it would disappear. but soon it just got worse. so i decided to do something and everyone said cellulite was impossible to get rid of, and that scrubbing made it appear less. but scrubbing was only helping mildly, and i wanted NO CELLULITE. so i read more about it, and tested and tried out new things. and soon i discovered a three part process to get rid of cellulite.

1. scrub with sugar. sugar is a natural acid. once a week.
    2. drink a quarter cup of aloe vera juice daily with chamomile.
    3. smooth aloe vera gel onto cellulite ridden areas daily, under your usual moisturizer.

i've been doing this for about two weeks now and my cellulite is almost completly gone! i hope this works for you too.

• long_n_curlylong_n_curly Registered Users Posts: 300
    What kind of sugar? Can you describe the process?
  • maidmarionmaidmarion Registered Users Posts: 1
    A body brush does help, and vigorous exercise like jogging, cycling and swimming also.

A cellulite cream with caffeine in it really does work!
  • WinonaWinona Registered Users Posts: 565
    From Mop Top Maven website (moptopmaven.com): The only thing I added was a preservative so we could leave it in the bathroom.

A firming soothing gel:

You Will Need:
    A scant pinch of Hyaluronic Acid [in powder form]
    A scant pinch of L-Ascorbic Acid [in crystal form]
    1/4 cup of Aloe Vera Gel

To Make:
    Add Aloe to small bowl and drop in Hyaluronic Acid & L-Ascorbic Acid. Mix well until H.A & L.A is well blended.

Transfer mixture to clean container with a secure lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

To Use:
    Apply a small amount of this facial serum on your face and neck nightly. Allow your skin to soak up the properties of the serum for up to 15 minutes before applying a moisturizer.

Where to purchase ingredients?
    All ingredients can be purchased at The Herbarie or via your favorite raw ingredients vendor.

About This Formulation:
    Hyaluronic Acid is found in healthy, supple skin. As we get older our levels of HA tends to drop. Adding Hyaluronic Acid to this formulation will increase the skin's ability to retain moisture, and will also keep skin soft, smooth and supple.
    L-Ascorbic Acid also known as Vitamin C is one of natures best natural anti-oxidants. The L-Ascorbic Acid in this formulation will help soothe and protect your skin.
    Aloe Vera Gel is filled with regenerative properties that help soothe and protect the skin [AVG is filled with anti-oxidant and anti-viral properties]. Aloe Vera Gel is also chock-full of skin loving nutrients and enzymes that will impart a radiant glow and fade blemishes if used regularly.

This has worked great for me(30yr) and my mommy (60yr) (dont tell her I wrote her age in a public forum) LMBO :)
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Registered Users Posts: 430 Curl Novice
    Oh wow look at all these wonderfull recipes. You ladies never cease to amaze me. Thank you for sharing.
    I did one but it was for cottage cheese theighs and it really worked! I got coffee grinds, honey, and oil and used this daily.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • CURL-LEECURL-LEE Registered Users Posts: 2
    SOOOO i RAN ACROSS THiS YESTERDAY TO MY RELiEF!!!!
    i'M A STRONG BELiEVER iN "PREVENTATiVE" CARE & AS SO i AM TRYiNG TO CONTROL MY CELLULiTE AT 24 HA HA BECAUSE AS A MODEL i CANT BE ROCKiNG CELL'YS NOT QUiTE YET....THANK YOU SOCiETY FOR BEiNG SO VAiN!.......SO DAY 1 BEGAN TODAY....(iF iNTERESTED) iLL KEEP ALL POSTED :blah5:
  • fredericafrederica Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hi,
    cellulites are fat cells under the skin that push up against the skin while fibers pull down to conect with muscle. The best solution would be to be fit Physically and psychoogically. Excersice would do the job. :)

~samri
    citation:
    cellulite - Bing Health
  • IrinaIrina Registered Users Posts: 100
    My mom uses ground coffee beans.. She takes a shower and puts the "paste" on needed areas and wraps seran wrap around it. You can leave it on for 10-15 min. Caffeine is really good for minimizing the appearance of cellulite.

In case you're wondering.. you don't have to use fresh coffee to do this. Coffee from a used filter or from an already made expresso that would normally be thrown out is just as helpful. :-)
    Been every color in the human hair spectrum! +HENNA
    CURRENTLY: BSL Light Golden Blonde (growing out bleach)

PRODUCTS: Aussie Moist CO, Silk Elements DT, Roux Treatment & Shine, Giovanni Hair Styling Foam, Aveeno Nourish + Shine, CO washing w/ vo5

natural DTs are amazing:toothy4:

3a/3b

om-symbol.jpg"The soul carries the potential, the mind carries the intention, the brain produces the result."
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    Irina wrote: »
    My mom uses ground coffee beans.. She takes a shower and puts the "paste" on needed areas and wraps seran wrap around it. You can leave it on for 10-15 min. Caffeine is really good for minimizing the appearance of cellulite.

In case you're wondering.. you don't have to use fresh coffee to do this. Coffee from a used filter or from an already made expresso that would normally be thrown out is just as helpful. :-)

yea i do this as well, dont get me wrong, im only 18 and dont have any at all, but i dont really wanna get it, and its a great body scrub! coffee grinds, honey oil and coca powder, mix it in a paste and rub it on. then wash it off. just make sure that you do it in the shower or bath or with news paper under, cause that stuffs messy as!!!! and not a good idea to do it at night either :)

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • swansinaprilswansinapril Registered Users Posts: 117
    I'm going to try this.

I just mixed up some coffee grounds and brown sugar. I'm going to combine it with olive oil when I'm ready to apply it.

I'm only 24 and quite thin (if that has anything to do with it?) but have lots of hormonal issues from being on the Pill, etc. So I have cellulite. I've been using Jergens Cellulite Shield but it's not doing anything.
    Very coarse, thick, porous 3B. My biggest challenge is SOFTNESS and SHINE.

Current shampoo: Biosilk w/ added vitamin E
    Current conditioner: Lush Okra :love5:
    Leave-ins: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KCCC
    CG didn't work for me. Oils don't work for me. Trying hard to learn how to love my hair. Read my blog.
  • curlylarucurlylaru Banned Banned Users Posts: 143
    Irina wrote: »

I'm no expert but I've heard that most people who are prone to it have it by age 18. I have 5 sisters ranging from 25 to 37 and out of all of us only one has cellulite and she had it since she was a teen. The rest of us never got it. I think weight gain makes it more visible in those that have it.

@ the op I know some people who have made their cellulite nearly invisable by weight loss and strength training.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file