less cheerleading please?

GooCurlGirlGooCurlGirl Registered Users Posts: 28
lately NC has felt like a cheerleading board to me.
I see some messages who's authenenicity I question.
To whoever it was that sent me the e mail message saying to keep my opinion to myself...
Stick it. I will continue to post about what I like and what I DONT LIKE.
I will say what products I think are working for me and what ones are crap in a bottle.
Just my opinion but I feel as though the board has lost some of its honesty lately now that there are some interests in products.
Ban me if you please but I am not going to say I like something when I don't.
Delete me please. What I considered a nice honest place to find good info has now become one big advertisement.
Have a great day!

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Could you be a little more specific? Are you accusing Michelle and I of hyping certain products?
    Are you accusing others of working on our behalf to hype certain products?

I can assure you that the latter is absolutely not true. The former is true only to the extent that we'll give our honest opinion about products we like. And further, we're not going to carry in CurlMart any products we don't like. The whole point of CurlMart is to provide a one-stop-shopping boutique of the products we and our readers have largely agreed are the best products available for curlies, and more specifically, the ones that are harder to find than what a simple trip to the beauty supply store will yield. We don't carry the mass market-type products, a. because they're readily available elsewhere and b. because many of those manufacturers have long-established distribution networks that don't include smaller web sites or any web sites.

As to your charge of stifling your voice, any shushing isn't coming from the owners of this company, and you can simply ignore the shushing of anyone who's not a moderator.

Further, our members are absolutely welcome to cheer for any product they like, sold in CurlMart or advertised on this site or not.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • miacurlmiacurl Registered Users Posts: 332
    Hopefulcurly--I saw this post and it peaked my interest. I think that people get very excited about products and want to share with everyone their wonderful experiences. Yes, sometimes there seems to be a "club" atmosphere around one product or another, but I think it is just people finding each other and glad to share info. I am sorry someone sent you a "hate mail" -- there are some people that write or post on discussion boards to just stir up trouble sometimes, even people who have been on these boards for awile--but that is on every site. I have gotten snipped at (no pun intended) a few times--that is the way emails are though. Unable to read the person's face. People write things before they would ever say them out loud to someone--typing is a way of hiding. But I hope you stay on and give your opinions because they help alot of people. The majority of people on this site want honesty on products--nobody wants to waste money. Take care and have a good evening. :)
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
  • GooCurlGirlGooCurlGirl Registered Users Posts: 28
    I will be specific.
    I got an e-mail telling me that If I have nothing nice to say about a certain product than I should not say anything <the horror!>
    The funny this is, I posted one negative comment about the said product.
    It did nothing for me. Big deal.
    Yeah, the said product sucked. I have said it about other products as well.
    Funny though I didn't get a whole lot of e-mail telling me not to voice my opinion.
    I consider myself banned. I prefer to read posts and reviews where the input isn't tainted.
    Have a good day.
    Delete me please. What I considered a nice honest place to find good info has now become one big advertisement.
    Have a great day!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I just want to be perfectly clear that you did not receive that email from a moderator of CurlTalk or anyone else officially associated with NaturallyCurly.com.

You are in no way banned from CurlTalk. You certainly don't have to participate if you don't want to, but you are not banned.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • miacurlmiacurl Registered Users Posts: 332
    Hopefulcurly--I understand that you may feel uncomfortable speaking your mind now, but that was one email from one ignorant person. If I stopped emailing or going onto a discussion board because an ignorant person typed something hurtful or stupid I would have been off the internet 3 years ago!! By not continuing to participate in discussions you may be doing exactly what that person wants you to do--he/she is either trying to stir up some aggravation or silence you. Don't let it happen. :) I hope to see your posts in the future :)
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I will be specific.
    I got an e-mail telling me that If I have nothing nice to say about a certain product than I should not say anything <the horror!>
    The funny this is, I posted one negative comment about the said product.
    It did nothing for me. Big deal.
    Yeah, the said product sucked. I have said it about other products as well.
    Funny though I didn't get a whole lot of e-mail telling me not to voice my opinion.
    I consider myself banned. I prefer to read posts and reviews where the input isn't tainted.

I agree with Gretchen 100%. Anyone should be able to express honest to goodness raves and rants on a product. Moreover, if you have a negative experience, you should speak up. I remember an incident many moons ago, someone posted about using noxema face cream as a leave in (you know the old fashioned cold cream). Some curlies actually tried this and someone posted about clumps of their hair falling off!!!!. Ok, maybe that's an extreme case of a negative post that needed to be said, but you get my point? Do a search in the product database and I'm sure you'll find some products that we have reviewd that received 1 curl. Heck, if I was banned for every bad review I gave, I would have been kicked off a long time ago much less be a moderator.

Knowledge is power and this site is all about giving people honest information to make better decisions. Keep posting and dont let an email deter you from speaking your mind.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file