Organic milk

puffinpuffin Registered Users Posts: 205
Caroline is drinking milk now (I got her down to 3 bottles/day). I've been buying organic. It's about twice as much for the store-brand organic as it is for regular whole milk. I don't have a problem spending more if it's worth it, but if it's not, I'm going to switch to regular. I forgot to ask my Ped if she recommends organic, so I'm wondering what you all think - organic or regular?

Thanks!

Comments

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I don't buy everything organic, but I always buy organic milk. To me it's worth it. Plus I think organic milk tastes about 1000 times better than regular.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    We buy organic too. My ped doesn't care but said that lesser hormones certainly can't hurt. We buy from a local dairy that sells in Whole Foods. It is around the same cost as non-organic from the grocery store. Look around and you should be able to find something a little cheaper.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    I think there's a difference. If you don't mind the cost, by all means, continue giving the organic.
    We used organic for a while, and my son who's allergic to regular cow milk didn't react to the organic. My daughter preferred the taste of organic, too.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Do you qualify for WIC? You can get organic milk on the program.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    Organic milk is something I always buy for us - I think it's worth it as well.

By the way, I love your daughter's name. She's a cutie pie (if that's her I'm seeing in your avatar). :)
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • puffinpuffin Registered Users Posts: 205
    By the way, I love your daughter's name. She's a cutie pie (if that's her I'm seeing in your avatar). :)

Thanks! :D

And thanks everyone - I'm going to look around for some cheaper organic milk. IC, we don't qualify for WIC, so that's out.
  • jennapeachjennapeach Registered Users Posts: 37
    If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, they have conventional milk that is from cows NOT treated with hormones. It's not organic, true, but it's a nice compromise at a much lower price than organic. We buy organic when we visit the regular store, but we buy the non-RBST milk from TJs.
  • puffinpuffin Registered Users Posts: 205
    jennapeach wrote:
    If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, they have conventional milk that is from cows NOT treated with hormones. It's not organic, true, but it's a nice compromise at a much lower price than organic. We buy organic when we visit the regular store, but we buy the non-RBST milk from TJs.

Thanks for this tip! I bought the milk from TJ's and you're right - it's a lot cheaper. I think I'll be getting this from now on.
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    We will be starting to ween Liam off formula and onto milk soon within the next month.. (I can't believe my munchkin turns one in 4 weeks!!!!) I think we will start with whole milk (reg)

just hope he's not allergic!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file