Help with my product ingredients.

corkycorky Registered Users Posts: 12
Hi! I've recently been trying, I guess, a modified version of the CG method. I haven't atually read the book,so I'm picking things up as I go along. I'm currently using Kiss My Face Whenever shampoo on my scalp twice a week (I'll try to cut down to once a week depending on how it goes) and the Whenever conditioner daily. These are the ingredients. Does anyone see anything in either that I should be avoiding? I'm also listing my gel ingredients.

Shampoo

Ingredients

Certified Organic Floral Water Of Rosemary, Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Water, Infusion Of Organic Herbs of Nettle, Olive Leaf, Calendula, Sage, Lavender, Certified Organic Aloe Vera, Olefin Sulfonate, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sea Salt, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Lavender Oil, Green Tea Extract, Wheat Protein, Tocopherol, Lime Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

Conditioner

Ingredients

Certified Organic Floral Waters of Lavender, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Water, Infusion of Certified Organic Herbs of Horsetail, Rose Hips, Lemon, Red Raspberry, Thyme, Certified Organic Aloe Vera, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Certified Organic Jojoba Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Lavender Oil, Green Tea Extract, Certified Organic Sunflower Oil, Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Panthenol, Lime Oil, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Guar, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

I'm also using a Marc Anthony XRated Style gel

Ingredients

Aqua, PVP, VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl, Imidazole Copolymer, PVP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Polysorbate-20, Parfum (Fragrance), Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Popylene Glycol, Panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know there are some ingredients that are easy to find info on whether to seek out or avoid for curlies/wavies, but others I'm not sure about.

Thanks!

Comments

• corkycorky Registered Users Posts: 12
    I just looked up a few of the gel ingredients and I'm a little bit creeped out!
  • FuzzyMonsterFuzzyMonster Registered Users Posts: 259
    The wheat protein in the shampoo and conditioner might cause buildup if your hair is protein-sensitive. You'll just have to see how your hair reacts to it. The way my stylist (who is CG trained) explained it is that the healthier your hair is, the less you need protein.

Here is a helpful online ingredient dictionary:

http://cosmeticscop.com/learn/dictionary.asp?TYPE=MAIN
    Mostly 2A; Fine and wavy :batman:
  • corkycorky Registered Users Posts: 12
    Thanks. :) The Kiss My Face site also explains all of their ingredients, so that's nice.

If I find build-up to be a problem, I can just alternate with another product that doesn't have the protein, yes? I'm assuming my hair is relatively healthy as I've never coloured it and rarely blowdry or use heat-styling tools.

Thanks for your reply!
    You're welcome. Yes, I believe if you alternate with non-protein products you will be fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file