who uses Meow Mineral Makeup?

numbersixnumbersix Posts: 70Registered Users
I'm trying to figure out which samples to get....and I was wondering:

could anybody who wears (or has worn) meow makeup and also has a photo album available to view, tell me which colors they wear of the foundation??

I'd like to take a look at a few pictures of people who say, for instance "occicat frisky is an exact match" or "I've found the fierce siamese looks great"....ect ect so I can sort of figure it out through comparison lol

I was browsing this site and found a discussion with raves about this brand. I am also going to try alima. I've tried a few brands and am wearing EM right now but my skin is acting up lately and the foundation is drying me out and accentuating dry spots on my nose which I haaaaate :-/ I've had that problem with this line on and off...and it frequently feels too dry or scratchy on me.

in EM "golden fair" and "olive fair" are the best matches for me. also, I can mix a bit of "medium olive" into either of the other two colors. I can't wear it straight yet because its still too dark. I might be able to wear it once I get enough of a tan.

I have dry skin, obviously. and prone to breakouts

not sure on my undertone yet....

I'm thinking beige/golden or something along those lines.

I can wear most colors. gold or silver jewelry looks good. eyes are green. hair is dark.

tomato red doesn't look that hot on me though,and mustard yellow looks gross. olive is tricky I think if its near my face. I'm not positive on that because I think my mom brainwashed me growing up into thinking certain colors looked bad when they didn't. white looks good but off-white colors don't usually. bright or dark colors look especially nice.

my mom always told me brown is not my color so I believed her, but my boyfriend seems to think brown looks good on me....and my new brown tank top would seem to agree with his statement.

I have pictures in my album, but some are WAY far off in terms of accurate skin coloring. I'm not ghost white. the others give a pretty good idea, though I was wearing makeup in the photos so....but you can always check out my neck :P

Comments

• Tzu LoveTzu Love Posts: 145Registered Users
    I love Meow! If you e-mail the owner a pic or if you post it on their chat forum, lots of ladies will tell you what to sample. They are very helpful. The link to the chat forum is on their website. Most people consider me to be very pale, and I wear Frisky Himalayan. I thought I would have to wear Inquisitive or Sleek, but nope. (apparently, Himalayan runs a smidge lighter than other breeds, though) I have dark brown hair and blue eyes, and I'm sort of pinkish (but not a lot).
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Meow foundation is my mainstay, and considering how much I love mineral makeup and how many I have tried (dozens), that's really saying something. Meow foundations are gorgeous, like nothing else on the market. I have oily skin and I like the original Purrrfect Puss formula, but they have 2, other formulas, Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline, both of which I hear are great for dry skin types. Just try samples in both formulas and you'll be able to tell which one you prefer. I really can't help you on color. I'm a cool tone and tend towards too much red in my face, so I wear the neutral shade (Siamese) in Frisky (light tone), which seems to help tone down my red a bit.

As someone else said, email your picture to the owners (outside in bright sunlight, without make up, is best), or post it on their chat board, and you will get loads of color suggestions for foundation from other Meow enthusiasts. Get samples in several shades...better to spend an extra couple dollars for samples in one shot, than to have to pay postage again for a second set of samples. You can always use up the samples as neutral eyeshadow. I'm nearly always a light (or level 2) neutral in most brands, but when I'm sampling a new brand, I'll get a light sample, and also a very light and a medium, in neutral, cool and warm tones. So, I'll end up sampling like 10 different colors before I can narrow down what works best for me.

Alima foundations are OK...but they tended to cake in my fine lines. I do love Alima eye colors though. I have a LOT of them.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wonder how they can use mica when I see folks here who are oily and can use it without shine, or those with fine lines use it without it settling in.

Interesting. Mica is an issue when it comes to some not liking other lines.

They do have a cute website.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Unfortunately, no pictures to show you, but I adore this stuff..and I have oily/combo skin and love the Pampered Puss! I got many samples in all 3 types, and all seemed to work well for me. So many of the colors and shades worked--it was amazing!!! I have reddish-brown hair, have med/light skin tone, but tan well and use a self-tanner often, and look best in earthy colors. What I ended up going with was Frisky Mau and Naughty Mau-depending on tan, etc. The funny thing is, when I got the samples, the Mau collection didn't look like it would work-not like others that I always chose-very neutral, not a hint of orange-but the website's description for who would normally use Mau fit me to a tee, and, I was shocked that, although the Persian line looked great, this was *ME* :). I agree-get tons of samples, and they also sent freebie samples that worked, too...
  • BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
    redcelticcurls: if you are looking for a truly matte mineral makeup, try Beauty Bliss Cosmetics http://www.beautyblisscosmetics.com/matte-mineral-foundation.html. It's my holy grail!
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
    I wonder how they can use mica when I see folks here who are oily and can use it without shine, or those with fine lines use it without it settling in.

I don't know what it is about Meow, but their foundation is definitely not shiny even though they use mica. It's a great matte finish, but still definitely not chalky. I guess it's in the proportions.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    I've been using meow and I love it. Like RCW said, email your pictures. That's what I did and got a great match from them. It took them a few days to respond but when they did, the color they gave me was dead on. I am awaiting the delivery of a full size Flawless Feline in Slinky Chartreux. :D

It's matte, not cakey and just wonderful. I've gotten several compliments from coworkers since I started wearing it. My samples are almost out so I hope the full size gets here soon. :lol:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    BB wrote:
    redcelticcurls: if you are looking for a truly matte mineral makeup, try Beauty Bliss Cosmetics http://www.beautyblisscosmetics.com/matte-mineral-foundation.html. It's my holy grail!

Thanks BB! The zinc high up is nice fro calming redness too.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • numbersixnumbersix Posts: 70Registered Users

I don't know what it is about Meow, but their foundation is definitely not shiny even though they use mica. It's a great matte finish, but still definitely not chalky. I guess it's in the proportions.

I have heard there are different types of mica and that is why it can sometimes make people shiny and sometimes not, depending on what type a brand uses....
    Meghuney wrote:
    I've been using meow and I love it. Like RCW said, email your pictures. That's what I did and got a great match from them. It took them a few days to respond but when they did, the color they gave me was dead on. I am awaiting the delivery of a full size Flawless Feline in Slinky Chartreux. :D

It's matte, not cakey and just wonderful. I've gotten several compliments from coworkers since I started wearing it. My samples are almost out so I hope the full size gets here soon. :lol:

so you can just ask them straight out and they will do it? wow

I wonder if they get sick to death of doing that lol

its pretty smart of them though
    Meow foundation is my mainstay, and considering how much I love mineral makeup and how many I have tried (dozens), that's really saying something. Meow foundations are gorgeous, like nothing else on the market. I have oily skin and I like the original Purrrfect Puss formula, but they have 2, other formulas, Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline, both of which I hear are great for dry skin types. Just try samples in both formulas and you'll be able to tell which one you prefer. I really can't help you on color. I'm a cool tone and tend towards too much red in my face, so I wear the neutral shade (Siamese) in Frisky (light tone), which seems to help tone down my red a bit.

As someone else said, email your picture to the owners (outside in bright sunlight, without make up, is best), or post it on their chat board, and you will get loads of color suggestions for foundation from other Meow enthusiasts. Get samples in several shades...better to spend an extra couple dollars for samples in one shot, than to have to pay postage again for a second set of samples. You can always use up the samples as neutral eyeshadow. I'm nearly always a light (or level 2) neutral in most brands, but when I'm sampling a new brand, I'll get a light sample, and also a very light and a medium, in neutral, cool and warm tones. So, I'll end up sampling like 10 different colors before I can narrow down what works best for me.

Alima foundations are OK...but they tended to cake in my fine lines. I do love Alima eye colors though. I have a LOT of them.

wouldn't the bright sun make your skin look more yellow or more tan than it actually is?
    wouldn't the bright sun make your skin look more yellow or more tan than it actually is?

Natural light is apparently the best for showing true skin tones in photos. I don't taking a picture would take so long that you'd actually start to get tan.

Natural light is apparently the best for showing true skin tones in photos. I don't taking a picture would take so long that you'd actually start to get tan.

LOL

no I didn't mean that at all. what I meant was the color might make your face look more golden than it is because of the yellow in the light. sort of like when you have a really yellow light bulb and it makes your skin have a slight golden cast to it (which makes you look pretty) and then you look again in different lighting and realise you don't look quite as good as you thought in your bathroom....(I've had that happen before)

or fluorescent lighting can give your skin an odd greenish weird hue to it....
    numbersix wrote:

LOL

no I didn't mean that at all. what I meant was the color might make your face look more golden than it is because of the yellow in the light. sort of like when you have a really yellow light bulb and it makes your skin have a slight golden cast to it (which makes you look pretty) and then you look again in different lighting and realise you don't look quite as good as you thought in your bathroom....(I've had that happen before)

I think that natural light is considered "truer" than any of the artificial lights though. Don't you want to look good in natural light? I find that if my makeup can't make me look good in sunlight, then it's the wrong color for me, regardless of what it looks like in my bathroom.

I have my makeup table set up alongside my window-wall in my bedroom. I get great morning light there, and I'm never surprised by funky colors when I catch sight of myself in natural light after I've left the house.
    numbersix wrote:

LOL

I think that natural light is considered "truer" than any of the artificial lights though. Don't you want to look good in natural light? I find that if my makeup can't make me look good in sunlight, then it's the wrong color for me, regardless of what it looks like in my bathroom.

I have my makeup table set up alongside my window-wall in my bedroom. I get great morning light there, and I'm never surprised by funky colors when I catch sight of myself in natural light after I've left

the house.

I try doing that too. I prefer putting on makeup near a window. sometimes I can't though or its cloudy. I live in the NW so....cloudy is pretty common lol
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    Question for meowcosmetics users :?:

I've used BE for a couple of years. BE is really big on the "swirl, tap & buff" method. I note on the meowcosmetics site, they say their product works better if you DON"T buff it into your skin. So, do I still need to do the "swirl" part with meow? With BE, they really encourage that you work the powder INTO the bristles of the brush. Do you use meow more like a powder?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    I used mine like a powder with great results, Brio :)
    Brio wrote:
    Question for meowcosmetics users :?:

I've used BE for a couple of years. BE is really big on the "swirl, tap & buff" method. I note on the meowcosmetics site, they say their product works better if you DON"T buff it into your skin. So, do I still need to do the "swirl" part with meow? With BE, they really encourage that you work the powder INTO the bristles of the brush. Do you use meow more like a powder?

I use a "swirly bowl", meaning that I tap my Meow minerals into a bowl so I can swirl the brush easier (although the lid works too...I just don't like to contaminate my product by using my brush directly in the container). But, then I just fluff it on, not buff. Buffing is for the "shiny" minerals, like BE, to take down the shine a bit. Meow isn't shiny.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file