A'kin line

ghazalighazali Posts: 8Registered Users
Hi all!
I'm new to all this & was wondering if anyone has tried products from A'kin. Here is their website: http://www.puristusa.com/index.htm
It says on the label that it is "paraben and sulfate free", so I picked up one of their conditioners -- the Avocado & Calendula for Dry & Long Hair. They list their ingredients here (http://www.puristusa.com/conditioner/#condavocal) -- any opinions on what it contains?

If you want to know more about it... Well, it has a very strong herbal scent so it's not for the faint-hearted, lol! I used it for the first time today. I'm having some frizz problems, but perhaps it's too early to blame it on the conditioner since I've just started putting together a new hair routine. My hair feels very light & soft, though! An hour after getting out of the shower I had some great waves at the top of my head but now they've kinda faded away.
My shampoo is Burt's Bees More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut. Smells awful when I put it on my hair, but the A'kin completely overpowers it afterwards.

If you've had any experience with A'kin, please share! I'd like to know if it has had any effect on other wavy/curly heads. :)

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I used their shampoo and conditioner years ago. Conditioner was nice though I can't remember which one it was now. Keep meaning to go back to it, but there's always something else to try isn't there! Don't remember which shampoo I used either, but I know I didn't like it. Have tried the leave-in co too but hated that, made my hair really producty/sticky feeling - one of the few products I binned after a few tries as it was unredeemable imo.
    Not hair related, but currently using the jasmine body wash which is lovely.
    3b in South Australia.
  • backfirebackfire Posts: 3Registered Users
    Sorry - I know this is an old thread, but I only just stumbled onto it.

I use A'kin down here in New Zealand and love it (I think it is called 'Al'chemy' in Australia). Website is www.purist.com.au.

I use it on myself and my 3a daughter and 2b son. Yes it does have a strong herbal smell, but I quite like the one we use. There is a milder range for sensitive scalps etc which isn't as strong smelling. We use the "Very Mild for Sensitive Scalps and Babies" shampoo and the "Avocado and Calendula for dry and long hair" conditioner. Both are thick and go a long way.

We mix the conditioner with water in a spray bottle for our leave-in conditioner. Works great, but we don't overdo it as this particular conditioner is quite rich. Got my mum onto it too just because she had such an itchy scalp from using other shampoos and she swears by it too. A bit pricey, but not as bad as some and worth it for a good paraben and sulfate free product.

Hope this helps.
    2 something and some 3a. Fine, porous, likes protein.

Still looking for HG.
    Trying SS method and Spritz and Condish together at the mo.

Low-poo: Sukin Protein Shampoo
    Rinse-out: A'kin Avocado and Calendula
    Leave-in: Lavender water/A'kin condish mixed
    Control: Homemade FSG
    Colour: Lasonia Natural Henna and Indigo
  • ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
    I really like the avocado conditioner. My hair is very spft after use and no tangles afterwards.

The jojoba conditioner has a nice scent and has the same benefits of the avocado but my hair like the Avocado better.

You should give it a try, the scents are heaven!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file