When did you first feel your baby move?

velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
I've read that most people feel their babies move for the first time between weeks 15 and 20. Being a week away from week 15, I'm excited for this happen in the next month or so because I've felt a little disconnected from my pregnancy and the baby has seemed more conceptual than real to me so far.

So, when did you all feel your babies move for the first time? Was it weird? ;)
3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    I think for me it was right around 16 weeks, though I don't remember exactly. And yes, it was weird! The first few times, it was difficult to recognize. I couldn't tell if it was the baby or if it was something else going on down there. But I remember the first time it happened that I was SURE, it really was the coolest thing.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    I think it was around week 14 and it surprised the heck out of me! It felt like a little fish flipping around inside. I was confused because I kept reading and hearing that it was like fluttering, but it wasn't really like that for me. I didn't feel it that consistently until maybe week 17-18 and then very lightly for a while (probably due to anterior placenta.) Now baby kicks so hard my whole stomach and the chair jump!

It's an amazing feeling - I love it and I'm going to miss it. You should be feeling it very soon!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I heard around 16 weeks is the earliest, so I'm really excited! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much since I know some women don't feel it until 20 weeks.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Registered Users Posts: 850
    I didn't feel her movements till really late, something like 21 or 22 weeks. I kept asking my midwives about it because it seemed like I should have been feeling something earlier than that. I *might* have felt something earlier, but definitely didn't think that was it, at the time.
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    At 17 weeks I felt the first little flutters of movement, then didn't feel anything until maybe 3 weeks later. Now it's flat out kicks and punches and sometimes the wiggling makes me feel nauseous :lol:

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    Munchy wrote:
    Now it's flat out kicks and punches and sometimes the wiggling makes me feel nauseous :lol:

I hear that! A few weeks ago, he wouldn't stop kicking and moving while I was teaching my Yoga class. I wanted to poke him back and say "HELLO! I'm trying to teach a class here!"
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    With #1 it was around 15 or 16 weeks. I think it was about the same with #2, but more of the "fluttering" feeling, not KICKING like it was with #1.
    :rambo:
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. 17 weeks with my son. 16 weeks with my daughter and 14 weeks with this baby. Once they start rolling around in there, it's cool but weird. Especially those bony parts moving across the belly. :shock: :lol:

In the very beginning it felt like muscle twitches (like the ones you get on your eyelid).
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    medussa wrote:
    Earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. 17 weeks with my son. 16 weeks with my daughter and 14 weeks with this baby. Once they start rolling around in there, it's cool but weird. Especially those bony parts moving across the belly. :shock: :lol:

In the very beginning it felt like muscle twitches (like the ones you get on your eyelid).

I am feeling little feet, a butt, knees... and seeing them poke out! It is weird but cool!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    I for sure felt my baby move at 19 weeks. It was actually right after my "big" u/s. I had probably felt him before, but after actually *seeing* him moving around, I finally made the connection. It was definitely a flutter.

This time, I swear I've been feeling movements in the last couple of days, but I'm only 12 weeks along. So I might be imagining things....

• CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    My baby never fluttered. Somewhere around 22 weeks I got this very solid THUMP THUMP.
  • PoPo Registered Users Posts: 2,607
    It's funny, the first time I felt something I was asleep and was having a dream that a mouse was scurrying across my tummy. It felt so real and I woke up and threw the covers off. Of course, there was no mouse. :lol:

I was about 18 weeks.
    3c/4a
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    I felt my first aroud 15-16 weeks. It was a teeny tiny tap, tap, tap just under my belly button, on Mother's Day.
    I honestly can't remember the other two, but I know it was earlier than the first.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    PixieCurl wrote:
    Munchy wrote:
    Now it's flat out kicks and punches and sometimes the wiggling makes me feel nauseous :lol:

I hear that! A few weeks ago, he wouldn't stop kicking and moving while I was teaching my Yoga class. I wanted to poke him back and say "HELLO! I'm trying to teach a class here!"

My husband will poke her back when she's hitting one spot over and over. She stops! Imagine your whole world crumbling in :lol: I'd stop too!

• cajuncurlscajuncurls Registered Users Posts: 270
    Week 15 for me, and it's my 3rd so I knew what I was waiting for.
    By 20 weeks it was very distinct and constant, so I knew to go to the hospital when I didnt feel her move for a couple of days. Thank goodness I did, bp was 240/175 and I could've lost her.
    Now I don't have to feel her move, I can watch her move through my shirt! My belly is always lopsided. (She likes the right side of Mommy's uterus best)
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    I have felt a weird, almost muscle spasmy-twitchy feeling in my uterus twice now in the last few days, similar to the eyelid twitch feeling that medussa described. I wonder if that was the baby moving or something else....
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    Ooh, could be! It sounds like it, at least.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file