Garnier Fructis Smooth & Sleek TV Commercial

curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
This is how the commercial runs:

- Two girls walking past a construction site with frizzy hair (I would say brushed out type 3 and 4 curls), not getting any looks from the good looking workmen.

- Then they use this product, instant straight smooth non-frizzy hair, they walk past again and get major glances.

- It starts raining so they run for cover.

- One of the workers comes over, takes off his hard hat to show short curls, not frizzy though, the girls point and laugh.

- Guy looks crest-fallen.

:sad:sad20gif

It's the pointing and laughing that pissed me off.
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.

Comments

• cailincailin Posts: 928Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So horrible.

Feel better with the knowledge that the frizz free shampoo smells gross. Like chemicals or something. HAHA you make have smooth silky hair, but I don't smell like the lab a phizer.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I HATE this advert. Made me so mad when I saw it!
  • BobbinBobbin Posts: 22Registered Users
    I never really paid this advert much attention untill my dad saw it the other day and said "there's nothing wrong with frizzy hair" (at me coz he knows I'm paranoid) my dads one of those people who mixes frizzy with curly so i explained the difference, then I watched it the next time it was on and... :shock: ... the cheek!
    Wavy curls - 2C/3Aish
    Most textures
    Thick frizzy and fragile
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The commercial where she sticks her toe in the water and her hair frizzes up made me laugh out loud because I thought it was funny and I could totally relate. BTW, the love the Sleek and Shine serum, I mean really love it.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • butterflyPrincess777butterflyPrincess777 Posts: 350Registered Users
    I hate that commercial too :twisted:
    Was 3b then I did a soft relaxer and I think I'm now a 3a
    pw: curly
  • Kurly_NazzyKurly_Nazzy Posts: 76Registered Users
    yea i know
    the guys hair was nice at the end
    very thick brown 3b/3c curls
    ::::::::........
  • browneyedgirl27browneyedgirl27 Posts: 10Registered Users
    yeah, have they never seen curly hair without frizz? sheesh! plus, guys look way better with curls :wink:
    3a, brunette, long, medium thickness.
  • princess_ezraprincess_ezra Posts: 4Registered Users
    I don't like the commercial where they dip their toes in the water and have instant frizz. or when they are in the car and look at each others frizz and scream...i mean, yea i can relate...but its not like some miracle product is going to then turn my hair into that shiny straight hair, for some of us, major frizz is a daily reality! grr
    Current HG - 1/2 Aura Hypo-Allergenic to 1/2 any healthy conditioner

Ionize dry
  • ladyknightladyknight Posts: 20Registered Users
    Browneyed girl, you're so right, theres nothing better to brighten my day than a cute guy with lovely curly hair! :D
    light brown, 3B at the crown, with 3A underneath. Beyond baby-fine and cut in a layered bob, which I am trying to grow out.

No matter how hard you try to hide them, your inner curls will always come out. Why not make them look good?
  • black_mambablack_mamba Posts: 4Registered Users
    God damn Fructis and their 'tame your hair' ethos. Tut tut.
  • nubian_angelnubian_angel Posts: 1Registered Users
    Well, in all Garnier Frutis commercials those models are wearing hair extensions...long hair extensions.
    "I didn't ask to be a princess, the crown just fits."

-The nap shall rise again.
  • mermer Posts: 3Registered Users
    I haven't seen the commercial. It probably is infuriating. Let me say something though...... Fructice products are very effective. I use the products to enhance and define my curls and I can't tell you the amount of compliments I receive using those products. My hair is dry, frizzy, and goes down to my waist. Those products have transformed my hair heads above the rest. If you go to the website, you can see videos on many texures of hair with the people using the products to get a desired effect. It's really an excellent website. They may have a lousy advertising agent, but they have great products!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    Ain't that a B$%*H!! This would be a good example to give to those few posts that I have read that say that we are kind of cult-ish. There aren't too many places where curls are celebrated we are all usually advised that if we want to fit in we must straighten our hair within an inch of it's life. I think the people on this board are outspoken and really proud of thier curls and that makes me feel better about mine. Who knows...if I had found a board like this years ago I might not have been blowdrying for as long as I did. I wish everybody lived close...we could go out and turn heads together!lol

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mer wrote:
    They may have a lousy advertising agent, but they have great products!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

'Tis true. I use their stuff too, so their advertising hasn't put me off!
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I just checked out their website and I am in love with this woman's hair!
    short2.jpg

It's beautiful!
  • ChrematisaiChrematisai Posts: 85Registered Users
    I agree with browneyedgirl - i LOVE guys with curly hair. flat, straight hair may look alright on some people, but mostly its boring.
    "A face without freckles is like a night without stars"

~Jenny
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    I agree with browneyedgirl - i LOVE guys with curly hair. flat, straight hair may look alright on some people, but mostly its boring.

hehe.. my boyfriend has cute little curls..and in my school the style is the"shag" so all of them have long hair (about to their ear-lobes) and the straightie guys look really bad because it's just flat straight and stuck to their heads!
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • KinkyKeeperKinkyKeeper Posts: 963Registered Users
    Bump. Garnier Fructis hasn't improved it's anti-curly commercial stance. I was going to make a seperate thread then found this one. I hate the new one (I think the product is called sleek and smooth) that shows a girl with huge afro wig (type 4) and some guy is trimming her hair like it's a bush, she looks unhappy.

Cut to laughing with shiny pin straight hair after using Garnier Fructis. Lots of things bothered me about this commercial, let me list the ways.

1. Her before hair is my dream hair (okay a little smaller) and it actually looked quite nice if they had shaped it up. :boxing:

2. It was definitely a type 4 wig, no frizz in that wig.

3. And even if it had been type 3 curls that were just "frizzy" all Garnier's commercials aren't showing the reduction of frizz they are showing the after is no curl whatsoever. This is confusing to those of us that know curly hair is not just frizz on so many levels.
    1. A single product isn't going to make curly hair straight, they skipped the step I guess where she spent 3 hours flat ironing.:roll:

But it's bad enough they skip such a vital step, that's false advertising but it probably only contributes to all the curlies out there who don't realize their hair isn't just poofy straight or think their curls can never be frizz free.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file