CurlTalk

to the curlies who wash their locks in the morning...

what time do you usually wake up? im in college so right now isnt a huge issue, but during the school year i have to get up at 5.30 if i want to make it in time to my 7.30 class...am i crazy or are there others up doing their hair at this ungodly hour?

Comments

• curlyincollegecurlyincollege Posts: 175Registered Users
    If I have class that early, I shower the night before and usually end up putting my hair in a ponytail. I love morning showers, but I don't usually do it unless my class starts 10 or later...and even then, my hair will probably still be wet :D
    This site has released my inner PJ demon... :)

I'm a 2b/3a in a perpetual search for the products that will actually give me a good hair day in this brutal heat and humidity!
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    I do get up ridiculously early. I'm out of bed and in the shower between 4:00 & 4:30 a.m., and don't leave until 7:15 to 7:30. So, I do get/make more hair time.

I'd love to be a wash & go girl!!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    To be at work at 8:00, I would usually wake up at 6:30-6:45 if I needed to wash my hair. Done with shower by 7:00 and plop for 20-30 minutes while I get dressed, do makeup, brush teeth. Diffuse for around 10 minutes, then leave for work. Hair would still be damp but the diffusing helped it to LOOK mostly dry at least - presentable.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • tycho19tycho19 Posts: 805Registered Users
    I need to be at work at 8. I get up around 6, walk my dog, then in the shower by 630. I diffuse until just partially wet, and let dry for about an hour at work. I scrunch it around 9 when it is mostly dry.
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I always wake up 2 hours before leaving, and 3 if I can take my sweet time. It's not all spent on hair.
    3b-3c CG
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    I get up at 3:45am. I walk to work with a wet head in the summer, but I wash at my store in the winter to avoid the wet head in the cold. I am self employed and don't don't give a rats --- what i look like first thing until my hair is dry enough to scrunch out.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    I usually wake up at 4:30 am with my husband so I can pick up around the house before I leave. I have to be in the shower by 5:30 am to leave at 7:00 am. I diffuse about 50% dry. By the time I get to work at 8:00 am my hair is completely dry. First thing I do when I get to work is scrunch the crunch. (Then I log onto nc.com :wink: )
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I'm up about 2 hours before I have to be at work, and 1 1/2 hrs is spent getting ready. So if I have to be at work at 9 I get up around 7.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I have to be at work at 8. I try to get up at 6:30, but usually it ends up being closer to 6:45 or so. I go into work with my hair wet, but it's usually dry or mostly dry by about 9.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    I have to be at work at 9:30am so I usually leave the house at 8:15 - 8:30. I usually wake up at around 6:45 and in the shower by 7am. I'm usually dressed, made up and hair partially dry by 8am.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I have to be at work at 8. I try to get up at 6:30, but usually it ends up being closer to 6:45 or so. I go into work with my hair wet, but it's usually dry or mostly dry by about 9.

Ditto, but my hair doesn't usually dry until 11 or so.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    I have to be at work by 8am so I'm usually up by 5:15/30ish and it takes me about 30-45 min. to shower, do the hair thing, dress, makeup etc. I don't have to leave the house until 7 but I also have a 2 year old so I like to give myself enough time in the morning to get ready (in peace!) before he's up :wink: . Now if I was still in college, I'd probably roll out of bed 30 min. before class and throw my hair in a ponytail :) .
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • catsinwatercatsinwater Posts: 37Registered Users
    you guys crack me up i love it....i really was starting to think i was nuts! :lol: i would love to be a wash and go girl too, more than anything! but i just dont think thats ever gonna happen for me. my man thinks im crazy for waking up at the hour i do! curlyincollege, i used to wash my hair the night before, too - for the first 2 or so years of college (and i probably will fall back into the habit) - but i just got so damn tired of having to plan my schedule around washing my hair....no non-curly will ever understand!

echokitten...god bless you!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Thank goodness I work from home now. I used to do the go to work wet thing and scrunch out when it dried. I am sure my co workers were wondering what the hell happened when I went in that bathroom and came out with bigger hair.

Now, I can just let it totally dry and scrunch then.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Posts: 258Registered Users
    I get up at 5:30-6:00 to leave my house at 7:15 to be at work by 9:30. I only need a half hour to shower, do my B&A hair routine, get dressed, put on makeup and go. The rest of my morning is for feeding my beasts, watering my garden, refilling birdbaths, packing my breakfast and lunch, quick-cleaning house, and having coffee. I work from home one day a week, that's when I do all my messy deep conditionings!

(And yes, it takes me almost two hours of commuting each way. I don't drive, so that's a saving grace. I can always spot the other curlies on the train because we are all "wet heads.")
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
  • 2bforme2bforme Posts: 81Registered Users
    I go to work every other day with wet hair and I just don't care. No one has said anything to me about it. I roll out of bed at 7 and run out the door at 7:45. I get my clothes out the night before. On the AM's that I wash, I plunk for about 20 mins while I get dressed. I then take it out, throw it in a headband and run. I have a 30 min drive to work, and i turn the heat on in the car and roll down the windows a bit. My hair is usually finally dry around 11:30.
    You do not lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership. -Dwight Eisenhower
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Magoo wrote:
    I have to be at work by 8am so I'm usually up by 5:15/30ish and it takes me about 30-45 min. to shower, do the hair thing, dress, makeup etc. I don't have to leave the house until 7 but I also have a 2 year old so I like to give myself enough time in the morning to get ready (in peace!) before he's up :wink: . Now if I was still in college, I'd probably roll out of bed 30 min. before class and throw my hair in a ponytail :) .

Haha, that's me. I am definitely not trying to impress anyone when I'm going to class and there's no way in hell I'm getting up early enough to make my 8am class with dry hair. :P
    I'm not a morning person at all.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fthekittenavenger" class="Popup
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 291Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    I have to be in school at 7.50 ,so I get up at 6.30.
    With the plopping method my hair takes only half an hour or so until it's fully dry.

• NewMrs.NewMrs. Posts: 87Registered Users
    Right now I get up at 7:30 to be at work by 8:30. But am considering adjusting it earlier by at least a half hour cause my hair is still quite wet when I get to work. I don't diffuse at all though, so I may also try that.
  • NewMrs.NewMrs. Posts: 87Registered Users
    Right now I get up at 7:30 to be at work by 8:30. But am considering adjusting it earlier by at least a half hour cause my hair is still quite wet when I get to work. I don't diffuse at all though, so I may also try that.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    I used to have to be at the bustop at 7 am. I usually woke up anywhere between 5:30 and 6:15. I don't know what I'm going to do this year. I prefer sleep over hair.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    Ideally, i like a three hour window to get ready in the morning. It gives my hair time to dry and let's me relax and take my time, have a nice breakfast, watch some tv, read a little, etc. However, I sometimes (ok, often) choose to sleep in and haul ass instead. So, nowadays, I wake up at 7am in order to leave the house at 8:15 so I can get to the lab at 9am with my hair about 75% dry. I don't like hauling ass because I'm slow in the morning, so instead of lumbering around like I want to, I have to run around like a mad woman, which leaves no room for anyone to even speak to me.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    During the school year I wake up at 6:20 :shock: and go to school at 8:00
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    Munchy wrote:
    Bailey422 wrote:

Ditto, but my hair doesn't usually dry until 11 or so.

Me too, but my hair is usually dry somewhere between 10:00/10:30
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    I've gotten to the point where I don't like walking out with wet hair and it's affecting my life. I prefer to workout in the a.m. but then I have to co-wash. I'm just too impatient to diffuse so I walk around for 3-5 hours with wet hair (hate it!) I hate to diffuse with their weak dryers I get up at 5 to workout then get ready and leave for work at the club.

If I'm not working out I like a lot of time in the a.m. (6-630 wakeup to get to work at 9-9:30). This is not all grooming; I meditate and do a few chores and 45 minutes is drive time (this is why I want a hood dryer for the car!) But lately I either wash hair at night and hood dry, or take a 1/2 hours in the am to hood dry. I'm working out less, but I need to switch them to evening.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    << Thank goodness I work from home now. I used to do the go to work wet thing and scrunch out when it dried. I am sure my co workers were wondering what the hell happened when I went in that bathroom and came out with bigger hair. >>

LOL ... all of the above applies to me, too. ...

There are a lot of things I don't do now that I work at home. Don't wear "business attire" or makeup every day, don't waste gasoline and time in traffic, don't have to put up with cranky co-workers (that's the BEST part :D).

And if my hair looks bad, no one has to see it!
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    xcptnl and alacurl, what do you guys do that you work at home (this is my dream btw, esp for when i have kids).
    Sorry, I know that is off topic, but I had to ask! :oops:
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Jaxie wrote:
    xcptnl and alacurl, what do you guys do that you work at home (this is my dream btw, esp for when i have kids).
    Sorry, I know that is off topic, but I had to ask! :oops:

I work in insurance - basically my job is one that can be done from home so when I moved further away from my office it was OK that I transitioned to working from home. I think many big companies are realizing they can retain people (save $ on training etc) if they are a bit more flexible.

ETA - I agree with what alacurl said - you do need focus. I also meet with clients so that helps with the interaction part.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    I do graphic design and management "stuff" for a corporate employer, and I have freelance writing and editing clients.

My schedule is flexible as long as I get my work done, which has spoiled me! But if you are not disciplined and focused, or if you need interaction, working from home might not be so great.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • PreciousHoneyPreciousHoney Posts: 254Registered Users
    I have to be at work at 8:00 so I get up at 6 and leave at 7 cause its an hour drive. I spend about a half hour on shower and hair and the other half hour eatin and gettin dressed. I dry my hair in the car with the air vents heheh :roll:
    Precious Honey :)
    3c with some 3b at the bottom.
    Im lovin HENNA
    Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
    Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
    DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
    Leave in: Elucence MBC
    Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
    Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FPrecioushoney%2F" class="Popup