Breakouts with CG routine

TexasCurlTexasCurl Posts: 42Registered Users
Ok, so I've been trying to do the CG routine; and I must say that my hair looks great! But the problem is my FACE, it's all broken out and very angry!! The only thing that I've changed is my hair products (to more natural, less harsh ones BTW). Has anyone had this experience and does anyone have any advice? I'm thinking of going back to my old shampoo's and condish because I can't look like a puberty stricken teenager-I'm 31 and a professional. HELP!!

Comments

• GrecianCurlsGrecianCurls Posts: 256Registered Users
    Hiya, do you have an ingredients list for what you're using? (sorry.. i know it can be a real pain to type them all out :roll: )

There are some good sources of info on the web too.. http://www.betterhealthyskin.com/lets-talk-cosmetics-james-e-fulton-jr-md-phd.aspx
    fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
    that's strange because once i started CG, a lot of my zits went AWAY! i was getting terrible stuff on my shoulders, back, and along my hair line. i do have sensitive skin, so it must've been something harsh & un-natural in my stuff, i have no idea.

so i guess this doesn't really help you, huh? :lol: i'd say just read through the ingredients, and though it may take a while, stop using a certain product for a couple of days to see if it's the problem. that's the only real way to find out. good luck!
  • WildflowerWildflower Posts: 112Registered Users
    you mentioned you were using a new line of skin care??

Ive recently switched to a new skin care line and my skin broke out a bit too, espescially around the chin/jaw area.

I *think* i read somewhere that changing a skincare routine can upset your skin a bit and it needs to get used to it.

My skin has calmed down.

See how you go.
    pw: curls
  • TexasCurlTexasCurl Posts: 42Registered Users
    Thanks guys, I didn't change my skin care line-just the hair stuff. I've stopped using the condish that I was, Tressemme and changed to another one....so far, so good. I don't know what the deal is but it really sucks. My hair is so happy but my face is so NOT happy. Oh well, can't have it all right?
  • PetalPetal Posts: 219Registered Users
    CG made me breakout horribly too. I went to the dermatologist and he told me my scalp was too oily as well. He told me to stop CG inmediately, when I did my skin went back to normal.
    3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.
  • twistedgirltwistedgirl Posts: 87Registered Users
    CG made me breakout horribly too. I went to the dermatologist and he told me my scalp was too oily as well. He told me to stop CG inmediately, when I did my skin went back to normal.

ditto, except i didnt go to a dermatologist i figured myslef that my scalp was getting oily
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Amodimethicone makes me break out horribly [a so-called "safe" 'cone, because it can sometimes be removed without sulfates].

It's in Garnier Fructis Curl n Shine.
  • PetalPetal Posts: 219Registered Users

ditto, except i didnt go to a dermatologist i figured myslef that my scalp was getting oily

I went cause I had cysts on my face. Very painful, red and ugly. My scalp never itched or anything during CG, but my face suffered. I still have some acne scars to prove it :(
    3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.
  • curlybohocurlyboho Posts: 130Registered Users
    TexasCurl - Yes I noticed a similar thing with my hair, especially in the summer when it gets humid out. Although my hair looks great I was trying to find a balance. I want great hair and skin.

First of all i started using the Wexler line (you can get it at bath and body works) I love it I just use the scrub and over night creme and its great.

Second after going through the no-poo routine I really made sure I washed the conditioner out good along my hair line. After that I used some lemon juice and ran it along my hair line next to my forhead/ears. The lemon juice cuts the oil but isn't harsh, you could also use vinigar too but *stinky*.

I also started using Aloe (the natural kind you get at the health food store) as my styling gel. Since its natural it doesn't make my hair/skin gross, not to mention it works great just alone on my 3c hair.

Hope this helps!
    Low Porosity-Medium Density

Hair loves all sorts of proteins...my curls come to life in hot humid weather!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file