The Regimen!! (Acne.org...)

southernbelle08southernbelle08 Posts: 199Registered Users
All right, I have officially to decided try the Regimen, because nothing else seems to be working for me. I have had very severe acne since the fourth grade, but went on Accutane about four years ago. It cleared up significantly, but my complexion is not nearly at the point that I would like for it to be (still extremely red and a lot of breakouts).

So, I've done a lot of browsing at acne.org and have been on the Regimen for a couple of days now. I thought I would use this website to post my progress so that I could get any input or advice from yall. Have a lot of people tried it? What have the results been?

Right now I am using some kind of Dove cleanser (I wish I could remember the name! It has aloe in it...), Neutrogena On-the-spot, and Purpose Redness Reducing spf 30 moisturizer. However, I think the cleanser is too drying and irritating for me, so I am planning on switching to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I also just placed an order for Daniel Kern's BP gel because the on-the-spot really balls up and annoys me. Has anyone used the purpose moisturizer? As of now, it seems extremely greasy. I don't know what else to do, though, because I really want something that contains sunscreen. (I have officially pledged to be a sunscreen/no sun advocate so i can get a headstart on fighting wrinkles! :D ) Any advice?

Sorry, I know that was a lot. Anyone else that has been doing the Regimen, please post products/routines so we can all help each other out. Thanks!!
EXTREMELY thick, medium 3B-3C hair;
I have yet to find a hair twin ANYWHERE...website or real life :(

Current routine: Um, I don't feel like updating my siggie every thirty minutes. :) I'm experimenting right now! (loving the overnight plop!)

Comments

• southernbelle08southernbelle08 Posts: 199Registered Users
    Anyone use the Regimen?

Current routine: Um, I don't feel like updating my siggie every thirty minutes. :) I'm experimenting right now! (loving the overnight plop!)
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    this is what i do for acne....i don't follow it religiously now but it works...

Acne Cure Program
    1 - salicylic acid (2%)
    2 - glycolic acid (8-10%)
    3 - benzoyl peroxide (2.5-5%)
    4 - sunscreen (spf 25 or higher)
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    Anyone use the Regimen?

I do a mod. verison. I use a special BP. (I'm sensitive to certain kinds, before I thought I was allergic.) I also use the ACV toner.

I really want to get Dan's Cleanser and I can't wait for the moisturizer!
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
    UPDATE:

I completely changed the products that I have been using. Everything just seemed to be too irritating and too drying. So I went to the store and got the Gentle Skin Cetaphil cleanser and the Cetaphil moisturizer. Also, my Daniel Kern's Regimen Gel arrived a few days ago. So far, I am noticing a major difference! The moisturizer isn't nearly as greasy or burning, and the cleanser isn't nearly as drying. Also, I LOVE his gel! It comes in such a big bottle compared to the On-the-Spot! And, since its clear, it doesn't ball up anymore! YAY! Even when I played volleyball, it stayed clear! That was a big relief.

Also, I think my severe flaking/dryness/redness is finally starting to subside. It's only been a little more than a week, and I am already noticing a huge difference in my skin. The breakouts I get now only last 1/4 the amount of time that they used to, and my old breakouts are completely gone!

I HIGHLY recommend this Regimen to anyone with mild/moderate acne! (My acne wasn't severe, so I can't speak on that behalf. However, Dan definitely recommends it for severe acne, too!) It will be tough for the first week in terms of burning and dryness/redness. But stick it out! That's why I waited until the summer to start it, because I knew I would be at home a lot. There is no one I have to really impress, except for my family, but who cares about them? :wink: :D

Go to: www.acne.org.

• jujucabanajujucabana Posts: 153Registered Users
    i used to suffer from acne. now i rarely break out.

what i used. lemon juice as a toner morning and night until the acne cleared up. i would cut a slice of fresh lemon and rub it on my skin. i would wash with anything gentle, and i would moisturize with something light.

then when my acne cleared up (about two weeks), i quit doing that, and now just wash with something gentle with some scrub, and then apply aloe vera.

the great thing about this system is its cheap, and aloe vera and lemon juice helped clear up scars nicely as well.
  • reincarnated888reincarnated888 Posts: 87Registered Users
    I hate to say this, but the regimen didn't last longterm for me. BP tore my skin up, so now I use neutrogena on the spot, sparingly, only at night. I tone with a lemonjuice and TTO mixture. I also wash my face with desert essence thoroughly clean face wash and moisturize with aveeno moisturizer w/spf 15 in the day. I exfoliate once a week with baking soda, and do a yogurt/honey/lemon mask once a week. My skin is doing so much better now that I layed off the bp and started using natural products. HTH!
    Dry, thick, coarse 3b hair LOVES BB Styling Lotion, JCS Nourish&Shine, Devacurl One C, Elucence MBC, BB Curl Cleansing Condish, Devacurl NoPoo, Honey, Water, and BB Natural Hair Oil.
    I hate to say this, but the regimen didn't last longterm for me. BP tore my skin up, so now I use neutrogena on the spot, sparingly, only at night. I tone with a lemonjuice and TTO mixture. I also wash my face with desert essence thoroughly clean face wash and moisturize with aveeno moisturizer w/spf 15 in the day. I exfoliate once a week with baking soda, and do a yogurt/honey/lemon mask once a week. My skin is doing so much better now that I layed off the bp and started using natural products. HTH!
    Dry, thick, coarse 3b hair LOVES BB Styling Lotion, JCS Nourish&Shine, Devacurl One C, Elucence MBC, BB Curl Cleansing Condish, Devacurl NoPoo, Honey, Water, and BB Natural Hair Oil.
    Aw darnit. That's discouraging. :cry: I'm glad you found a routine that works for you, though!

Oh yeah I forgot to ask: What do you mean it tore your skin up? Permanently, or just temporarily? Do you mean, like, really really dry and red, or just that you had allergic reactions to it?

Sorry for all the questions :oops:

When I say torn up, my skin was flaky, scar-y, and was really red and sensitve. Everything was burning the hell out of my skinfor a 6 month period. But my skin was mostly clear, but it looked like i was blushing all the time and people of color aren't supposed to be blushing :lol: . Yeah, but I encourage you to try it and you should check out the message board on acne.org, which helped me alot. Many people have had sucess with it so don't give up until you give it a try! If the bp becomes too strong for you, just ease up on it HTH![/quote]
  • acceptanceacceptance Posts: 4Registered Users
    I've been on the regimen for around 10 months now, and it's pretty well cleared me up. I still get the occasional break out but it's a lot better than it was before. I'm also left with some red marks/scarring (not to say it's from the regimen, but it's been said that bp makes healing take longer) It's really helped me though so give it a try =)
    So far, my skin is looking great! Its really cleared up, and its not dry or red at all anymore! It even has a dewey look. I'm so excited!!! I've added Neutrogena Sensitive Skin SPF 30 sunscreen to the routine, and so far so good!

• MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    I've been on the regimen for two years, and have stayed completely clear. The only thing you need to watch is sun exposure. When you are on BP it really makes your skin sun sensitive, and it will fry!
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file