oily/sensitive skin

curlygirly31curlygirly31 Registered Users Posts: 2
hey girls, i really need your help because i woke up this morning depressed! :( see, i have mild breakouts every now and then, so i got an over the counter acne fighting cream at walgreens. ive been using it for about 2 weeks, and the results have been..just kind of blah. its really drying out my oily skin..which is scaring me because i dont know how to get my skin back to normal. maybe the flaking comes from the 10% benzoyl peroxide in it..

today, i woke up with red swollen flaky eyes..it looks and feels terrible! i have wrinkles all over my top eyelid..ooo its sad :( i dont get it though because i didnt put the cream on or around my eyes..maybe when i washed it off i got some in there? i dont know but if anyone knows of a good mild breakout acne cream that is sensitive enough for me while im recovering or any tips for what can help my skin heal faster, i would really appreciate it! :D
2c outer layer, not very tight usually flat and frizzy/3a with lots of soft, beautiful 3b's underneath at the nape and framing the face

Comments

• Twirly GirlTwirly Girl Registered Users Posts: 53
    Well, the obvious advice here is to stop using the cream right away! It's obviously too strong for the mild breakouts you have and will only aggrevate your skin.

To resolve the dry skin you currently have, gently exfoliate 2-3 times a week and make sure you apply moisturiser afterwards. This should remedy it in a week or so (depending on how bad it is).

For future use, I'd recommend the Loreal Pure Zone range, it's great at combating oily skin and breakouts. If you do still get the odd breakout, maybe use something gentler...I use a witch hazel stick which seems to do the trick.

Good luck! :D
  • n_y_chicn_y_chic Registered Users Posts: 19
    You might want to try a lower concentration of benzoyl peroxide, like 2-5%. It's less drying. The higher (10%) concentration makes your skin veeeery dry for a couple of weeks, but then your skin will return to normal. It's an adjustment period.

I have sensitive skin too and the key for me is to rarely exfoliate with scubs or cloths. For sensitive skin, they're just too irritating and can cause a breakout.

Try the Neutrogena Dual Acne Wash/Mask. It's 3% benzoyl peroxide and can be used in either of the two ways (daily wash or intensive mask). The benzoyl peroxide will act as a mild exfoliant.
  • AmbrosiaAmbrosia Registered Users Posts: 60
    agreed...i definitely think it has a lot to do with the 10% BP.

the same thing happened to me when i bumped from 5% up to 10%. the 5% was working so good...i thought, the 10% should work even better. needless to say, not so.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file