CurlTalk

60s 70s or 80s ????? fashion poll

curlygcurlyg Posts: 13Registered Users
what era does it for you?

for me it was the 70s flares love em
why do something yourself when you can get a man in!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    Before y'all get too excited about the '70s, may I just say a few words:

rainbow suspenders, hot pants, polyester shirts, and platform shoes. :shock:

The '60s were kind of cool because at the first part of the decade you had space-age, modern, Carnaby Street kind of stuff, then at the last part you had the flowing, hippie, flower-power stuff without all the glitzy disco stuff that got added on later.

The sad part is, whatever decade you're in at the time, you think the fashions are cool and you're wearing 'em. Then, later, you look at photos of yourself and have to ask, "What the heck was I thinking?" :roll:
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    What was the fashion of the 60's? I was born in '69, so I remember a lot of the 70's.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Yuck!

None of the above.

All decades have some classic clothing which doesn't fit with the worst memories of the decade, and which I don't mind. But for the overall effects/feel of the clothing, I didn't like any of them!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Picked 60s based on images of the hippie era. Not everything, but I love peasant tops, long flowy stuff. Sort of ethnic infusions esp. east indian, and soft material. Not into the bellbottoms (but maybe that's more 70s) though. Not a fan of 80's style, and not really familiar with 70s.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    Yuck!

None of the above.

All decades have some classic clothing which doesn't fit with the worst memories of the decade, and which I don't mind. But for the overall effects/feel of the clothing, I didn't like any of them!

I completely agree!
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    fig jam wrote:
    Before y'all get too excited about the '70s, may I just say a few words:

rainbow suspenders, hot pants, polyester shirts, and platform shoes. :shock:

Thanks for the reality check! :) Although, I did really like the platform shoes.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    I personally ADORE the 1940's...remember the movie Swing Kids? The way the guys dress in that movie when they go dancing does it for me...they look so incredible! And I LOVE the way the girls dressed...so sweet and pretty and with understated sex appeal!
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    The 60s! Long hair on boys, mini skirts, blue jeans really became popular in the 60s, bell bottoms (we didn't call them "flared"), suede finged jackets. I loved it all.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Not to be a fashion beyotch, but each decade is characterized by radically different styles at the beginning and end of the decade, don't you think?
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • chappysmomchappysmom Posts: 107Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    Yuck!

None of the above.

I agree! I don't like any of these "eras." I like the vintage 40s look, the 50s were classy and elegant, the early 60s were fab . . . don't much like the 70s styles at all (am glad I was a child and not responsible for what I wore!), the 80s were just funny (I was flipping through my HS yearbook last night--what a laugh!), the 90s were pretty decent, I think. The 30s were pretty classy, too, as well as the 20s.

The saddest thing about our current era is that everything is casual! Much as I love being comfortable, I miss--well, hypothetically miss, since it's before my time--miss when people really DRESSED, for dinner, for church, for the theater, for visiting . . . I lust after formal wear and never have anywhere to wear it! (grin)

(I remember a rant from Nina's character in "Just Shoot Me" back when "Titanic" came out . . she came in sobbing about the tragedy, and Maya says, "Yes, it was terrible," just as Nina bursts out with, "All those beautiful clothes lost at the bottom of the ocean! People just don't dress like that anymore! Casual Wear has ruined America!" . . . or something like that. It was just so funny, but oddly, rather true!)
    Deb in NJ; 3a, dark brown, longish, layered, fine, reasonably thick hair, pale skin

Proud mom of Chappy, a 10-year old Boykin Spaniel, also with chocolate brown, 3a curls

Chappysmom.com
    Punctuality Rules!
    Booking Through Thursday
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I had been thinking about the earlier 1900's outfits, because I love the overall look. But the idea of girdles....nope, not gonna happen for me!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    ANYTHING other than the 80s! YIKES!

I picked 60s but I sometimes get the 60s and the 70s confused. My choice would be 60s and the 70s before disco. I hate white suits!
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • rubyloxxrubyloxx Posts: 88Registered Users
    60's makeup.... 80's clothes....

ummm none of those for hair.
    3 b/c curls with bangs.