So full!

MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
Today is the start of 3rd trimester for me - although my ticker shows it tomorrow, I think.
I have been feeling so full that I want to vomit every time I eat. I eat tiny meals then I feel so full and I get indigestion that sometimes turns into vomiting. The only thing I can do is have a granola bar or some celery or carrots. Add some water, and I'm feeling sick.

Anyone else get this? It's getting annoying and I don't feel like I'm eating enough.

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    Munchy wrote:
    Today is the start of 3rd trimester for me - although my ticker shows it tomorrow, I think.
    I have been feeling so full that I want to vomit every time I eat. I eat tiny meals then I feel so full and I get indigestion that sometimes turns into vomiting. The only thing I can do is have a granola bar or some celery or carrots. Add some water, and I'm feeling sick.

Anyone else get this? It's getting annoying and I don't feel like I'm eating enough.

I've had that pretty much my entire pregnancy. I just eat small regular meals that are easy to digest, and drink a lot of smoothies, protein shakes etc.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    The thing is, it's hot so I'm thirsty. I can't eat and drink at the same time. This is driving me insane! :lol:
    Munchy wrote:
    The thing is, it's hot so I'm thirsty. I can't eat and drink at the same time. This is driving me insane! :lol:

I would go for the water first as that builds up the amniotic fluid, which will be peaking soon for you, and also helps your body in labour. No matter what I am able or unable to eat, I have been told it is very important to drink my 4L a day!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    Yes, this totally happened to me. I remember we went out to brunch one day and I was SO hungry. I think I got through 3-4 bites of food before I felt stuffed. It is so frustrating. Add that with getting winded really easily (I carried really high) and it was really not fun at all!
    Big hugs.
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    I just hit my second trimester and I can't eat much at meals. I just "graze" all day. I bring soup with me to work (with chicken in it or some kind of bean for protein) along with snacks of cheese of granola bars. I bring a hardboiled egg or 2 for breakfast. The DH knows that dinner for me won't be the same for a while.

And like you Munchy, I feel like I'm ALWAYS dying of thirst!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    I agree on the grazing thing. Several small meals is the way to go. Also, with the heat, lighter is better.

Fruit is my biggest craving right now. I could live on watermelon, grapes and apples. Also, I like to snack on cheese and crusty bread. Plus, I'm drinking water like it's going out of style. If I do those things during the day and have a good breakfast and early dinner, I feel better.

Edited to add: I think my baby has dropped in the last week or so, because my indigestion has lessened a bit. Just so you know, there is hope!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    If you're thirsty a lot, what about having juice, or smoothies like Amneris suggested? I know when I was getting MS in my first trimester, I drank a lot of apple juice because I figured it was at least getting me fluid, sugar, and calories.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    Munchy wrote:

I can't believe you're all ready in the third trimester!!! WOW, that was FAST.
    :rambo:
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    Munchy wrote:

I can't believe you're all ready in the third trimester!!! WOW, that was FAST.

Seriously!

As for the smoothie/juice suggestions. I'm trying really hard not to have a lot of sugar. I will have my one hour glucose test on Thurs, but I'm nervous about it, since I've been having smoothies, italian ice, and ice cream with the heat.
    Munchy, I just had some soup and some water and I feel so nauseous like it is about to come back up!

I have a smoothie just about every day (was all I could hold down for months) and my GTT was fine, so I think you'll be OK. It's more how your body processes sugar than how much sugar you take in... and natural sugars are obviously better than refined. My smoothies are only sweetened with fruit.

ETA: I just DID throw it up... ugh.

.png

534Pm5.png

• medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Everything gives me heartburn. Bread, veggies, fruit. Everything. My chest is on fire. I wish this baby would drop.

Munchy, I felt like my stomach had shrunken for most of my pregnancy.
  • cajuncurlscajuncurls Registered Users Posts: 270
    Me, too, heartburn and reflux.
    I get heartburn when I drink water!
    My girl already dropped but the heartburn hasn't improved at all - now I just have a funny walk, too. My appetite has slowed way down ... I pretty much have to force myself to eat, even if my stomach's empty. Let's face it, there's nothing empty about me right now!
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    I carried low the first time and I never felt full. I always felt hungry!
    Now I feel full and I notice I'm carrying higher. I had my first heartburn last night. Oh this is gonna be fun!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
    Now I feel full and I notice I'm carrying higher. I had my first heartburn last night. Oh this is gonna be fun!

I carry low too, but unfortunately that didn't save me from this. Yeah, fun!

.png

534Pm5.png

• medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Amneris wrote:

I carry low too, but unfortunately that didn't save me from this. Yeah, fun!

I don't know if the heartburn has anything to do with carrying high or low. I only started having heartburn recently and I'm at the end of my pregnancy. Did the baby suddenly move up? Or is it just getting *really* crowded in there? I think it's the latter, for me.
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    I would recline on the couch or chair to eat, that was the only way i could eat an actual (even small) meal. I think it just gave me a little more room in there!
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
    deezee02 wrote:
    I would recline on the couch or chair to eat, that was the only way i could eat an actual (even small) meal. I think it just gave me a little more room in there!

I have been eating, then reclining. The whole idea grosses me out. I hate eating then laying down or being sedentary. It's ingrained in me that it's BAD! :lol:
    deezee02 wrote:

I was told not to recline in pregnancy as that can increase the chances of a posterior baby.

So much confusing, conflicting advice....

.png

534Pm5.png

I was told to recline! Sitting for me was uncomfortable b/c he was so high i could not breath. I have major back problems, so laying was not comfortabel either, and i just got tired standing for periods of time. My OB sugessted reclining after i had to go to LD with shortness of breath b/c of heartburn and how high he was in my ribs.

Mucnhy - i know it is weird to not move after eating, but if it makes you more confortable, go for it! You will be moving non stop after she gets here, relax while you can!

Amneris, everything concerning pregnancy is conflicting, plus every few years the come out with new research that conflics the conflicting research!
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Amneris wrote:
    deezee02 wrote:

I was told not to recline in pregnancy as that can increase the chances of a posterior baby.

I've heard this too, but if it's the only way you can eat, what else can ya do?

About the conflicting information, don't even get me started! :shock: Everybody says to do the opposite of the next person. :?
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I have a smoothie just about every day (was all I could hold down for months) and my GTT was fine, so I think you'll be OK. It's more how your body processes sugar than how much sugar you take in... and natural sugars are obviously better than refined. My smoothies are only sweetened with fruit.

Everyone's different and you should do what your body and physicians tell you. I drank fruit smoothies, too, until I failed the GTT -- out of the blue. Then I was ordered about from them.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Also, i was freaked about the GD test, i was SURE i was going to fail as I could tell my sugar levels were off the whole preganacy (i am hypoglicymic so i am super sensitive to how my body reacts)

I ate cake, chocolate covered strawberries and dirt pudding at a graduation party the day before my test. I also ate a smoothie for breakfast almost everyday of my pregnancy.

I passed with flying colors.
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
    deezee02 wrote:
    Also, i was freaked about the GD test, i was SURE i was going to fail as I could tell my sugar levels were off the whole preganacy (i am hypoglicymic so i am super sensitive to how my body reacts)

I ate cake, chocolate covered strawberries and dirt pudding at a graduation party the day before my test. I also ate a smoothie for breakfast almost everyday of my pregnancy.

I passed with flying colors.

Same here!

.png

534Pm5.png

I'm freaked out about the GD test just because I'm on a message board where it seems like almost everyone is failing it!

I guess I should just chill out. I have my appt in an hour :shock:
    Munchy wrote:
    I'm freaked out about the GD test just because I'm on a message board where it seems like almost everyone is failing it!

I guess I should just chill out. I have my appt in an hour :shock:

Be prepared for a weird reaction when you drink the drink and don't make serious plans for a few hours after... it made me so shaky and nauseous and craving more sugar, I was SURE I failed, but I guess it was just the hypoglycemia, because my numbers were very low!

Even if you fail the 1 hour, most people pass the 3 hour.

Good luck!

.png

534Pm5.png

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    Munchy - I had the one-hour last week on Monday and I passed it just fine. Although, I agree with Amneris that it definitely made me feel wonky. After having the drink, I got really dizzy and lightheaded in the waiting room (but thank goodness I didn't throw up because I would have had to start over again). Then I felt sort of woozy after having the blood drawn, so I ended up having to call in to work afterwards.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    As soon as I drank that stuff I got really hot, and started fanning myself with some chart papers the nurse had given me.
    Hopefully everything will be fine - I can check my results online tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file