Is it true

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
Is the first 5-10 lbs mostly retained fluids?

Once you go through these first 5-10 lbs the fat weight comes off easier?

I'm already down 7 lbs in approx 2 weeks. :?

Comments

• O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Registered Users Posts: 1,042
    how did u do it Liz!
    And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    Is the first 5-10 lbs mostly retained fluids?

Once you go through these first 5-10 lbs the fat weight comes off easier?

I'm already down 7 lbs in approx 2 weeks. :?

Honestly, I don't KNOW, but my guess is if you lost that much weight in such a short time it is mostly water. But who cares? It's a start and a great motivator.

Congrats and keep working it girl, you'll get there.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    Oddisy,

I was a soda-holic. When I quit smoking on the 12th (official date, but stopped in the eve of the 11th) I went from approx 6 cans a day to maybe 2.

I started walking long distances, watching portion size & calories, & drank a whole bunch of water daily.

sd,

I'd love it if were fat weight falling off so easy! And I misjudged how long it took. I started exercising & drinking all that water on the 10th or 11th. So it's been closer to 1 week.

~~~

I just hope I can keep this up & be at least 25 lbs lighter by the end of Sept & then continue that until I've lost a total of anywhere from 56 to 80 lbs. We'll see what I'm told I should lose/weight on Thurs when I get my fat, bone circumference & height measurements done.
  • CurlsinDCCurlsinDC Registered Users Posts: 136
    No it is not true! It is NOT retained water. The shift in your diet and excercise pattern can lead to the first 10 lbs to come off easily. It is maintaining that can be a problem.
    Indian girl with full head of very thick curls (3A, 3B and 3C)
    CG Routine, protein sensitive

The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes.
    -Frank Lloyd Wright
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    It depends on how much your starting weight was. The more you weigh, the more rapidly you lose, because it takes more energy to power each action. If you're 30 pounds overweight, it's probably retained water. If you're 100 pounds overweight, it's probably fat. It would be unhealthy--not to mention unlikely--for a smaller person to lose 7 pounds of fat in two weeks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file