CurlTalk

Help for dry scalp!

carterw7carterw7 Posts: 2Registered Users
I have naturally curly hair, very dry, and have been using Deva Care products, No-P00 with One Condition, since February. I also used the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]B'Leave-in[/buylink] conditioner a few times a week as well. I style with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]Deva AnGell[/buylink]. I have had to stop using these products because my scalp has become so dry and flakey it's embarrassing. I did not have this problem before using these products. I followed the instructions in the curly girl book on how to care for spiral curls, using shampoo sparingly, and I'm at my wits end. Please help!
carterw7

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    There might be an ingredient in that line that your scalp reacts to. You might just have to try another line, alas.
    Send an email to michelle@naturallycurly.com and she can make some recommendations for you. :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • pearlcurlpearlcurl Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi!
    I just became a CG for about a month now. I have been so excited to try it and even started a FB group to get my curly friends in on it.
    I keep waiting for the magic to happen but my hair is just so out of control. It has gotten a little better as the days have gone by but I'm used to being in control of my hair, not the other way around :)

Also, my scalp has become EXTREMELY dry, itchy, and flaky. I have seen a dermatologist before and have been using a prescription shampoo and scalp medication for years. I was hoping the CG method would fix the issue.

Right now, I use Suave Naturals to co-wash, generic conditioning balm, Beautiful Curls leave-in, HE Set me Up, Deva Care Arc Angel, and Rock Hard Gelee. I also use Organix sulfate free shampoo once a week (Argan and Tea Tree kind). I have used Jojoba oil a few times too.

Please help! I am ready to give up. I am so embarrassed with my scalp. I have been reading about he ACV rinse so I will try that next.
    Thank you!!
    2c
    Modified CG since Dec. '12 (but had several false starts)

Favs right now:
    DevaCurl No Poo, One Condition
    KCKT
    CHS CK
    KCCC, DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel

Have been trying more and more to embrace my curls and not abuse them but I still like to straighten sometimes!
    :afro: ;)